Toronto Jack Layton Ferry Terminal and Harbour Square Park | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Saw a picture of a revamped Yonge & QQ yesterday, thought it looked nice then realized- oh that would mean a new path through the Ferry Terminal- wait is that still a thing? Then went through the Retail Review and noted it was listed as “past redesign not funded”.

Totally forgot this project existed- but it must be way down on the priority list now, right? I mean, tis the season for monthly BlogTO articles about seasonal overcrowding but it’s Eastern LRT extension over Ferry terminal, right?

Saw a picture of a revamped Yonge & QQ yesterday, thought it looked nice then realized- oh that would mean a new path through the Ferry Terminal- wait is that still a thing? Then went through the Retail Review and noted it was listed as “past redesign not funded”.

Totally forgot this project existed- but it must be way down on the priority list now, right? I mean, tis the season for monthly BlogTO articles about seasonal overcrowding but it’s Eastern LRT extension over Ferry terminal, right?
Part of funding was to come from redevelopment of the Harbour Castle hotel conference centre block. That is on hold so ..... (This is also why there is even less funding for the LRT link to Union Station improvements as that development would have helped THAT project too. )

I think the Westin Harbour Castle changed ownership a couple of years ago and now the $50 million interior renovation is underway. Maybe the convention center won’t be too far behind and then Jack Layton Ferry Terminal and the park. Maybe the current Mayor has more of an interest in this one? Odds on the over/under 15+ years to completion for the ferry? I’m hoping under but betting over. North Market still on my mind.

IMG_1892.jpeg

IMG_1888.jpeg

IMG_1889.jpeg

IMG_1891.jpeg

Back