News   Jul 22, 2024
 501     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 613     0 

Toronto is SPICE CITY (Spice Girls are coming!)

299 bloor call control.

Member Bio
Reaction score
According to MuchMusic and NOW, Toronto got the most votes in the Spice City contest and as a result, the Spice Girls are coming to town in January! (this is lame that this is my second post on UT, but... I'm too frickin' excited!)

Sorry, I am underwhelmed.

But I await the post-rehab fest get-together and tell-all, should they ever have one.

It could have been so much more interesting if they ended up in Baghdad.

Wonder if they'd be hosting the concert in the "Green Zone" - I suppose the Spice Girls aren't exactly "culturally appropriate" in the eyes of the Fundies.

AoD

Was Avignon in the running?
Flickr-PicassoDemoiselles.jpg

According to MuchMusic and NOW, Toronto got the most votes in the Spice City contest and as a result, the Spice Girls are coming to town in January! (this is lame that this is my second post on UT, but... I'm too frickin' excited!)

It's posted on the Spice Girls site, with the date TK. I'm already in the lottery for tix in Las Vegas and New York.

Yesterday afternoon around four o'clock, after I'd been to the ROM, I saw dozens of people pressing their noses to the windows of Roots on Bloor - Becks was inside, apparently, looking for sweat pants or something ...

Spend it like Beckham

Forget bend it like Beckham.

It's spend it like Beckham.

With the high-priced soccer player sidelined by an ankle injury, the L.A. Galaxy's multi-million dollar man has been doing some retail therapy while in T.O.

On Saturday afternoon, Beckham and a stylist unobtrusively (as unobtrusive as you can be when you're David Beckham) wandered into Holt Renfrew on Bloor St., making their way to the second floor looking for men's vintage jeans.

Beckham, according to witnesses, is tall (about 5 foot 11 ), and hot, and was dressed down in a black T-shirt and jeans.

There was no entourage; there was no do-you-know-who-I-am? celeb attitude. He was very polite, humble and extremely pleasant to the sales personnel.

Alas, Holt's doesn't carry men's vintage jeans. The sales associate directed him to Exile, even supplying him with the Kensington Market shop's phone number.

Becks then asked him to help him with sunglasses. He was looking for Armani aviators – which Holts doesn't carry either. How often does David Beckham leave a shop empty-handed? Über fashionista Posh is probably tsk-tsking in Los Angeles right now.

Beckham showed up at Exile, at 20 Kensington Ave., just before closing on Saturday night, with a bodyguard this time. He did a quick perusal of the jeans, but no sale. He did, however, buy a black vintage Iron Maiden concert T-shirt.

Sales associate Bella Butscher got to see Becks with his shirt off.

"I don't often get star struck, but this was the highlight of our weekend," says Butscher.

Beckham spent an hour or so wandering through Kensington Market, signing autographs and posing for snaps with shopkeepers and shoppers alike.

Yesterday, he did Roots on Bloor St., picking up one of their specially made leather blue and gold Galaxy team bags.

The bags should be perfect for packing some of the major swag – like Hugo Boss suits and electronic equipment – that was offloaded to Becks during his stay at the King Edward Hotel.

Posh will be pleased.

http://www.thestar.com/living/article/243645

We live in a pretty cool city when our chic downtown department store recommends to a celebrity customer that they might have better luck finding what they are looking for in our bohomian market nabe.

Lots of people outside the King Edward Hotel on Sunday waiting for him to come out.
Oh honey, we've been waiting for him to come out much longer.

Back