322     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 500     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 621     2 

Toronto is Junky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it sounds like this is TOreality's first trip ANY where... New York is New York, but then again, no other city is like it, and yet those other places can be just as great in their own ways.. After travelling all over the world and visiting cities on every continent (minus Antarctic, closest I got there was El Calafete near the southern tip of Argentina) you soon come to appreciate Toronto for where it outshines in certain aspects... For sure we have areas needing to focus is on (and a lot of this is due to Federal/Provincial policy or lack there of) but we play to some pretty big strenghts, especially finding a pretty high quality of life balanced against being a very big city (of which places like Tokyo, Seoul, London, HK, Paris, Shanghai, Berlin, Istanbul, Bangkok, HoChi Minh and even Sydney, (arguably) can't lay claim to).

Last edited:
I believe the idea of public forums is discussion, commentary and opinions - ultimately preventing the social lobotomy that has become Toronto.

This city is in desperate need for debate and resolution. Toronto haphazardly throws together any old thing and now our city looks like an empty condo vista. Those of you who find beauty in anything the private sector throws together - your pride is quite frankly inexplicable and shows an absolute lack of creativity.

That said, all hope is not lost and there is potential in the city! I say no more developments until we have firmly set in place an independent architectural review!

"Come one people, surely you can have a debate without resorting to childish, inane remarks!"

Yes Mr. uh, "TOReality", you've set the bar REALLY high when it comes to debate. i think people are just intimidated by the CHILLING POWER and THUNDERING INTELLIGENCE of your debating 'style'. Maybe you should rejoin the board when you graduate from Grade 9.

"Toronto is Junky!"

"I just got back from New York., I was there on business. Every single day in Toronto, I constantly hear comparisons to New York. Whether it is the Subway (Which doesn't compare AT ALL), whether it is dundas vs Times Square or whether it is City vs City., I always hear Torontonians comparing. Let me tell you, when I was driving into the city after getting back.. OH MY GOD!!!"

"Toronto seems like a DUMP!"

"Literally., I'm sure the landfill in New York is prettier."

"I don't know what people are comparing, maybe downtown Toronto with South Bronx or East Harlem. Heck, even these places seem better."

"I took a taxi to my place at yonge and bloor when I got back, I never thought the yonge strip was so disgusting until I left and came back."

"Its pretty sad considering this is our face. This is the main thing people come to see. Its GROSS!"

"The convenience of beer in 7/11's was pretty sweet too. When I got back to TO, I went to the Rabba next door and the absence of beer made me quite sad. It made me realize how much this city/country rips everyone off. All I can say is, WOW!"

"I thought Toronto was a great city. That is until I left and came back. Now it seems like a pile of decrepit buildings and disgusting architecture with a bunch of people who just sit there and STARE at you as you look at the city in disgust."

"I moved here from a tiny city in northern Ontario and let me tell you, This is just a stepping point. This is NOT home for me."

ALL QUOTES COURTESY OF:

ceb19d7e.jpg

Wow, what a post!

Seriously, instead of wasting your time on something like that, why not come up with a valid response for why you disagree with the statements.

NO, I am not trolling either. READ the title of the thread, it pretty much explains the thread in just the one sentence. If you think its something you might not like, why even click on it?

I don't mean completely bash the city, there are nice parts to it. I just don't get how people can be so ignorant when it comes to their comparisons to other cities.

I've been told that NY city collects all the homeless people on a bus, and dumps them in New Jersey every night.

TOreality:

Of course, you are the experienced folk who also started this thread, the thesis of which has been subsequently demolished to high heavens. Not trolling? Right. Thread closed.

AoiD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back