Toronto Infinity Condos | ?m | 35s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

I tried to visit the Infinity3 sales office this weekend without my agent and was rejected by the site sales rep in a rude way (she said "well its for our elite priority agents only") ... I suppose being a peasant / member of public is not good enough to get in until September ... :mad:

I didn't even try going over there. I prefer getting thrown out of the more upscale projects.
This Saturday we move in on .......Shangrila!!:D

Just found this out from the sales office ... smallest unit (573 sq.ft.) in Infinity3 on the sub-penthouse (34th floor) goes for $340K, I think this is a great floorplan, but I wasn't expecting this price given the finished quality issues noted on Conservatory Group ... don't think the price tag exactly qualifies as 'cheap' ...

it would work out to something like $590 / sq.ft, wouldn't that be sort of high similar to ICE and 300?

arena_573_lg.jpg

That's actually quite a clever use of such a small amount of space...

The floor plans are one of the best features in these buildings, they make a very efficient use of space, especially compared to some of the other developments in the area. But re: Solaris' post, I wonder if they're actually selling any at those prices. I found an old Infinity 1 price list I had lying around from November 2005 and the price change is astounding. That particular unit (it was called "Cosmos" in Infinity1, although it was noted as 576 sq ft back then vs 573 now) ranged from about $280 to $340 /sq ft. depending on the floor. I'd rate the build quality as adequate so far, but certainly nothing to justify being in line with the higher-end developments.

It's also ridiculous that they're using the identical design for phases 3/4. I figured they'd vary it up at least a little bit. Cheap bastards.

$590/sq ft at 34th floor is cheaper than other brand name condos. The bottom floor prices start around $530 for ice and $575 for 300 front. Around mid 29th floor ice is over $600/sq ft oddly the largest 3 bedroom is $555/sq ft. I'm not saying infinity is that cheap but it's cheaper than most being built right now. As for the quality of the finishes, they're suppose to be better than Infinity 1 and 2. Granite tables, stainless steel appliance and laminate flooring (looks like wood). The parking and locker is cheaper there too. Ice parking is selling at 37k

actually it's strange did the price go up? or the price you quoted include parking and locker? Stadium 38th floor (actual floor 31) is 396k, 741 sq ft. $534/sq ft
Arena is $590/sq.ft?

$590/sq ft at 34th floor is cheaper than other brand name condos. The bottom floor prices start around $530 for ice and $575 for 300 front. Around mid 29th floor ice is over $600/sq ft oddly the largest 3 bedroom is $555/sq ft. I'm not saying infinity is that cheap but it's cheaper than most being built right now. As for the quality of the finishes, they're suppose to be better than Infinity 1 and 2. Granite tables, stainless steel appliance and laminate flooring (looks like wood). The parking and locker is cheaper there too. Ice parking is selling at 37k
Granite/Stainless/Laminate has pretty much become the minimum standard in the area. All 3 upgrades were included in 2 bdrm units in Infinity 1, while 1 & 1+1 units came with the choice of one of the upgrades. Even most of those I've seen have at least Granite and Laminate.
ProjectEnd said:
Parking should be 100k. Get on your feet people,* you live downtown.
Exactly. It's a two minute walk to Union, no need for cars here.

I have not actually SEEN the price list (since I can't even get in without an agent), I just called in to ask for pricing on that one specific unit (which I kind of liked), she said top floor and one below (being 34th) were available and she gave me the price of $340K, so I intrepret that to be the 'actual' 34th floor likely without locker and parking (she didn't say)

with respect to per sq.ft. cost, I wouldn't be suprised if the smaller units have a higher per sq.ft. cost than other larger units in the building

KWL ... totally agree with you on the the whole copy+paste from Infinity1 thing, likely I said before, someone is really saving on architectural costs~

^ Agreed. Balconies are great in theory but in reality most people don't use them much at all, myself included.

True... Most people don't spend any measureable time in their balcony, but its quite important to most people... it's the psyche... Gives the home a better connection to the outside than a sliding window

True... Most people don't spend any measureable time in their balcony, but its quite important to most people... it's the psyche... Gives the home a better connection to the outside than a sliding window

so true, but everyone wants one in their condo. the majority of the condo balconies are just too small to relax on and lack any privacy.

Back