Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

3Dementia redux

UT-xmas-2008-thumbs.jpg

Left to right.
Ganjavih, CDL.TO, Canuck 36 (upper), Andrew3D, Urban Shocker, SeanTrans (lower), Darkstar416, simply Dan (upper), BuildTO, cassiusa (me).

Hmm I never saw this picture before. Is this site all-male or what?

Skyline International buys Horseshoe Valley Resort for $37 million

The Barrie Examiner

TORONTO - Skyline International Development Inc. has bought the Horseshoe Valley Resort for $37 million.

The privately held company said Tuesday the acquisition will complement its 330-hectare Port McNicoll project on nearby Georgian Bay.

Horseshoe Valley includes 278 hectares of land, 23 ski runs, 35 kilometres of cross country trails, two established golf courses, 8,000-square-feet of executive meeting and banquet facilities and a 102-room hotel and spa.

Skyline said it plans to keep all existing employees and current management.

Skyline is currently planning a new office, hotel and residential tower on one of the last skyscraper sites in a key downtown Toronto location.

Unless I was hallucinating, I saw a huge poster of the old ball-topped Sapphire Tower rendering on the side of a building on Richmond St. There's no way it's always been there, as I used to bike to work along Richmond all the time.

What's the deal here, or am I just going crazy? I have been kind of sick lately...

edit. err it must've been Temperance St, looking north from Adelaide at Sheppard. Still, however, I also used to take Adelaide St. home a lot and have never noticed it before.

The Barrie Examiner

Skyline is currently planning a new office, hotel and residential tower on one of the last skyscraper sites in a key downtown Toronto location.

One of the last skyscraper sites. mmm i dont think so, there are a lot of low to mid rise 50s buildings in that area that can be demolished to make room for a 200 meter tower.

Unless I was hallucinating, I saw a huge poster of the old ball-topped Sapphire Tower rendering on the side of a building on Richmond St. There's no way it's always been there, as I used to bike to work along Richmond all the time.

What's the deal here, or am I just going crazy? I have been kind of sick lately...

edit. err it must've been Temperance St, looking north from Adelaide at Sheppard. Still, however, I also used to take Adelaide St. home a lot and have never noticed it before.

The last time I went by (not too long ago) it was still there, as well as a rendering of the tower supposed to go there before, First Toronto Tower or something like that.

This was taken on September 10, 2005, back in the good old days.

2676443110_e781bc769d_b.jpg

So that poster's been up since 2005? I must be crazy, as it was just the other day I noticed it, for the first time. I walk/bike along Adelaide several times a week, I guess I'm not so attentive while doing so.

They really should take that poster down.

Back