Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

Just imagining Harry Stinson attempting neo-deco with 1KW-quality finishes gives me nightmares.

As much as I hate historical emulations mainly because of the typical shoddy results, I must admit that it would be interesting to see a Daily Express Building inspired building with sleek black cladding and smooth curves.

indxa30.jpg

Thanks for all the sweet updates today drum! It is remarkable how little work has been done at INDX since I stopped by at the beginning of May

Nice update!

Any of these shots could easily be mistaken for New York City (minus the Ontario licence plates, of course).

Im sure this has already been answered, but does anyone know how many levels down this building is going to go. Thanks

Im sure this has already been answered, but does anyone know how many levels down this building is going to go. Thanks

The site is going down 5 levels I was told. Although it may appear to be barely moving given the tight space and depth alot of shoring work was and is involved which explains why they arent any deeper.

The site is going down 5 levels I was told. Although it may appear to be barely moving given the tight space and depth a lot of shoring work was and is involved which explains why they aren't any deeper.

Also, before the shoring could be done along the north side of the lot, it was necessary to stabilize the foundation along the south side of the Graphic Arts building. After the shoring was done around the rest of the site, and the first level of excavation was done, a different shoring machine was brought in to drill down and concrete fill a series of small bore holes right at the edge of the Graphic Arts building foundation. Once that was done, the second shoring machine was removed, and the original one (or equivalent) brought back to complete the shoring along the north side of the INDX site. That is why the shoring for the north side can be seen in the photos, indented a little from the lot line, and the edge of the Graphic Arts building south wall.

they are beyond the basement level of the neighboring building now so hopefully it will speed up... hopefully. If not, this site really is cursed.

I heard that they changed the shoring design and because of all the extra work involved for them, excavation can only proceed when they are complete. Given the small area it wont take long to get the site down.

Back