Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

I had no idea what that was- but I do know what Romulus is at least. I just hope they don't have that 'W' on top of the building- that would look horrid!

from today's Daily Commercial News, posted with the usual warning.......

CONDO APARTMENT BLDG, COMMERCIAL OFFICE, RETAIL Proj: 9074840-10
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON WORKING DRAWINGS

70 Temperance St, Bay and Richmond Sts, M5H
$50,000,000 est

Start: September, 2011 Complete: 2012

Note: City Council site plan approvals are in place. Preliminary Working drawings are ongoing. Owner is seeking interest from development partners for the site. Sub trade tender and construction schedules are undetermined. Further update late summer, 2011.

Efficiency Engineering Ltd is the LEED Consultant on the project.
Project: structural steel frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of a mixed-use building. The project will be 55 storeys and may include commercial and office space and a residential component. This building will be an environmentally friendly project designed to achieve LEED Gold certification.

Scope: 400,000 square feet; 55 storeys
Development: New
Category: Commercial offices; Retail, wholesale services; Shopping centres, plazas, malls

Complete 2012... that can't be right?

That report comes from a website which is notorious for getting those kinds of details wrong. That's why yyzer posted it with the "usual warning." The important thing to take away is that this proposal is still active.

late 2013 at the least.
is it too early to know what type of construction will be happening?
i would think concrete for the most part and maybe steel for the roof. though it would be real fun to see a steel skyscraper here.

looks like maybe this tower won't be happening after all, at least how we thought it would.....

Mishorim, ILD unit sell Toronto lot for NIS 140m

Skyline bought the 1,200-square meter lot in downtown Toronto for C$29.1 million/
1 May 11 14:52, Avi Shauly

Skyline Investments Inc., a Canadian real estate joint venture of Mishorim Development Ltd. (TASE:MSHR) and Israel Land Development Company (TASE: ILDC) has sold the lot in Toronto zoned for the development of the Skyline Tower office and hotel project for C$39 million (NIS 140.4 million).
Skyline bought the 1,200-square meter lot in downtown Toronto for C$29.1 million (NIS 86.8 million) in January 2008. The lot was originally zoned for a 42,000-square meter building, which was later increased to 59,000 square meters.

Mishorim, controlled by chairman Gil Blutrich, owns 66.35% of Skyline, and Israel Land, controlled by chairman Ofer Nimrodi, controls the rest. Mishorim will not report a capital gain on the sale, as it books it the value similar to the sale price. Skyline, however, will report a surplus cash of C$26 million (NIS 93.6 million) on the sale, half of which will be used to repay the mortgage on the land.

Mishorim's share price fell 0.4% by mid-afternoon today to NIS 9.46, giving a market cap of NIS 228 million, and Israel Land's share price fell 3% to NIS 32.22, giving a market cap of NIS 920 million.

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000641788&fid=1124

I wonder if a higher book value on the property means that whoever bought it will be looking to build bigger

That is BIG news. So skyline sold the lot???
Does this mean Canada tower is a no go? (if skyline owns the rights to the design/tower), or do you think the new owner will do something with the original plans?

This is all so suspenseful.

Back