Toronto iLoft | ?m | 30s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

Daily Commercial News

Window work continues at iLoft condos in Toronto
October 14, 2009

110.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

A worker installs windows at the iLoft condominiums on Legion Road North in Toronto. Toddglen Construction Co. Ltd. is construction manager of the 28-storey (but UT knows iLofts has been built to 30s :rolleyes:), 230-unit project, which includes an exercise room, pool/sauna, squash courts and a party room.

The iLoft project was designed by Atkins Architects Inc.

Consultants are Y & V Engineering Ltd. (structural) and CBM Engineering Group (mechanical/electrical).

Subtrades include: Costa Earthmoving Inc. (excavation); Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); High-View Forming (1995) Inc.; Dufferin Concrete; Salit Steel (Niagara) Ltd. (rebar); Marli Mechanical; Titan Mechanical (ventilation); Zerem Electrical Services; and Allan Windows Ltd.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/article/id35714

I think they were a bit misleading with the name though... perhaps iSlab is more accurate. I like the height of this one, would be curious to see the east views across Humber Bay to downtown. Judging by the lower left corner of your pic from the Gardiner the views are not obstructed...

I think they were a bit misleading with the name though... perhaps iSlab is more accurate. I like the height of this one, would be curious to see the east views across Humber Bay to downtown. Judging by the lower left corner of your pic from the Gardiner the views are not obstructed...

Condoview.jpg

this is on the lower floors (probably 11) but the view is pretty nice.

iLoft wont win any awards for originality but the condo is in a very good location and the amenities is amazing.You must admit even though its not a stunning condo but compare it to most of the condos near the Gardiner its not bad.

Last edited:
hey, thanks for that photo! And I didnt mean to sound negative about the building... just that the loft reference only applies to such a small part of the development and the overall shape of it is slab like. I agree, its looking good next to its immediate neighbours.

I like the Tides/iLofts/California complex quite a bit, but what worries me is the east view towards downtown Toronto as ducati0000 shows above, with South Beach going up plus the lands west of Nautilus in Humber Bay Shore being developed in the near future, views towards the lake and the TO skyline will be no more ~

hey, thanks for that photo! And I didnt mean to sound negative about the building... just that the loft reference only applies to such a small part of the development and the overall shape of it is slab like. I agree, its looking good next to its immediate neighbours.

we got a convert!!...the building isnt perfect,nothing stand out from the rest of the bland condos on the Lakeshore but location is very good,the amenities is amazing,the price per foot is one of the lowest on Lakeshore.I will try and get a photo of the upper floors views,the city sight line should be amazing since your able to see the curve of the city lights.Here is a west view look,not to shabby either.

iloftswestview.jpg

I like the Tides/iLofts/California complex quite a bit, but what worries me is the east view towards downtown Toronto as ducati0000 shows above, with South Beach going up plus the lands west of Nautilus in Humber Bay Shore being developed in the near future, views towards the lake and the TO skyline will be no more ~

I feel exactly the same way. I assume with South Beach, we'll still get a decent view, even if it's not as good as we had hoped. I'm keeping fingers crossed that we'll still have something to look at when all is said and done.

Toddglen Construction Co. Ltd. is construction manager of the 28-storey (but UT knows iLofts has been built to 30s ), 230-unit project, which includes an exercise room, pool/sauna, squash courts and a party room.

I believe the first floor will actually be the 3rd storey above grade so not exactly wrong.

28 stories

It is 28 stories on a 4 story podium=32. Floors are numbered starting at the ground floor as required by city bylaws.

Pretty sure one or two of the four storey podium are entirely underground.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by, "numbered starting at the ground floor as required by city bylaws" as I'm all floors are numbered including those underground. The main entrance and/or grade is not always labeled "floor 1" if that is what you mean.

Last edited:

Back