Vaughan Hyatt Place Wonderland | 20.96m | 6s | Cedar Fair | Onespace

raptor

Member Bio
Reaction score
From PlanIt, Canada's Wonderland is proposing a Hyatt hotel at 2 Canada's Wonderland Drive, in the area bordered by Rutherford Rd to the south, Hwy 400 NB ramp to the West and Canada's Wonderland Dr to the East.

upload_2018-4-23_14-6-59.png

upload_2018-4-23_14-7-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-23_14-6-59.png
    upload_2018-4-23_14-6-59.png
    617 KB · Views: 2,165
  • upload_2018-4-23_14-7-21.png
    upload_2018-4-23_14-7-21.png
    428.2 KB · Views: 1,802
From PlanIt, Canada's Wonderland is proposing a Hyatt hotel at 2 Canada's Wonderland Drive, in the area bordered by Rutherford Rd to the south, Hwy 400 NB ramp to the West and Canada's Wonderland Dr to the East.

View attachment 141111

View attachment 141112

Consider me underwhelmed.

I had figured Cedarfair would have invested in a more landmark design that would have combined with a long rumoured indoor waterpark.

The design, the scale, the siting.........yawn.

This doesn't really look like it's meant to be directly associated with the park. More like it is just a generic suburban hotel that happens to be on Wonderland's property. It's on what is essentially waste land for Wonderland, it's no different than any other hotel in the area.

They probably wanted to put the hotel in a spot where people could still easily access it during the off-season.

I will have to go look at google maps but I'm surprised there is enough room for this.

As for the design, it looks like all the other chain hotels.

Two hotels in one? Hyatt House is an extended stay hotel. Hyatt Place is a 3-star business hotel.

I never thought they would use that space for anything. The design is more generic, which will appeal to off-season business people and it's too far away from the park to try and link a theme to.
It is looking better than what Carowinds is getting.

They could just run a free shuttle for hotel guests to the park entrance .

Although I can't imagine trying to get to this hotel at the same time people are trying to leave the park (like after a fire works display)

Don't forget that this hotel is a direct competition to the hotels in Vaughan Mills' vicinity. Perhaps it caters to that crowd more than Wonderland's visitors.

Don't forget that this hotel is a direct competition to the hotels in Vaughan Mills' vicinity. Perhaps it caters to that crowd more than Wonderland's visitors.
That is what it appears to be. It's a not even a family oriented hotel brand, which is what a resort related hotel would be, it's a long term stay business hotel.

Back