Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

The province already uses a mix of ridership and population to determine how much gas tax money to allocate to transit agencies.

On August 25, 2014, following the 35-day review period, the Minster of the Environment and Climate Change provided the Cities of Mississauga and Brampton and Metrolinx, a Notice to Proceed following an extensive 120-day Transit Project Assessment Process. Therefore, on September 17, a Statement of Completion was submitted to the MOECC to formally complete the TPAP. The Cities of Mississauga and Brampton, along with Metrolinx, are pleased that this important milestone has been achieved, and would like to thank everyone for the valuable support and feedback provided during the project's public engagement program.

I am pretty sure the next step is funding (not withstanding Brampton's issues with downtown section). I don't see any reason why the Mississauga portion would be delayed because of issues in Brampton. On the HMLRT website, it says the Transit Project Assesment Process is the final step before "project delivery" (http://lrt-mississauga.brampton.ca/EN/Process-and-Timelines/Pages/Welcome.aspx). I wouldn't be supprised to see a funding announcement by the end of the year, as the project is a priority for Mississauga, Metrolinx, and the governing Liberals.

I am pretty sure the next step is funding (not withstanding Brampton's issues with downtown section). I don't see any reason why the Mississauga portion would be delayed because of issues in Brampton. On the HMLRT website, it says the Transit Project Assesment Process is the final step before "project delivery" (http://lrt-mississauga.brampton.ca/EN/Process-and-Timelines/Pages/Welcome.aspx). I wouldn't be supprised to see a funding announcement by the end of the year, as the project is a priority for Mississauga, Metrolinx, and the governing Liberals.

The Brampton issue may be more important than you think. If I understand correctly (although that is no guarantee) the northern phase of this was always going to be built first (northern phase being from MCC to whatever terminus/route in Brampton is chosen) because of the location chosen for the yard.......so if they can't decide/design the Brampton terminus/route there may be delays that you are not accounting for.

Worst case, Mississauga forges ahead with detail design within its borders, and adjusts the scope to allow for funding to be used to hasten the southern extension, while terminating the line at Steeles, leaving it open to Brampton to route and fund as they see fit. Though, politically, this might be difficult. The Province really prefers for things to be multi-municipality, for the perception of fairness.

Worst case, Mississauga forges ahead with detail design within its borders, and adjusts the scope to allow for funding to be used to hasten the southern extension, while terminating the line at Steeles, leaving it open to Brampton to route and fund as they see fit. Though, politically, this might be difficult. The Province really prefers for things to be multi-municipality, for the perception of fairness.

Not sure either municipality was planning to actually fund this at all....I believe they are both looking to the province to fund it out of the transit fund.

Of course if Misssissauga was only gonna plan/fund/build the section that was within its borders...that would still not get you to Steeles.

All that aside, planning a line like this would need to know how (not just where) it terminates.

And, at least according to Google Maps, the maintenance facility is on the Brampton side of the line. Looks like any plan that doesn't satisfy Brampton is unlikely to get traction.

And, at least according to Google Maps, the maintenance facility is on the Brampton side of the line. Looks like any plan that doesn't satisfy Brampton is unlikely to get traction.

I think that is an exaggeration......even if (and before I get all spammed over this...I don't think it makes sense) a decision was made to only build to the Mississauga border....the yard being just the other side of that line would not bother anyone.

It is in the Hwy 407 corridor and not under Brampton control as it is own by Hydro One. Its is the only location where the Maintenance facility can go. Its my understanding, the border between the 2 cities is the middle of 407 hwy.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear announcement of funding after Oct 27 election this year. Don't want any announcement before the election so it can be used as a campaign issue.

Back