Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Plenty of room on Confederation. Just need to remove on-street parking and those poorly thought-out planters with the leaning trees and dead hostas.

One the Milton Line sees all day service, the folks up in the Eglinton area will drive to the GO Station that take the LRT unless there is service that bypass MCC in the first place and it must happen. More so once that plaza starts to see redevelopment after the first nine towers that will ring it are built along with two other large development sites.
I imagine there will be two service patterns:

1. Linear down Hurontario from Brampton Go to Port Credit Go via Mississauga CC transit terminal
  2. MCC loop to PC GO
  3. Perhaps if demand warrants it, a Brampton Go to MCC loop, which could utilize the opposite direction of the loop as 2
I see that the envisaged service pattern excludes #1 above, which is probably a mistake. 3 seems like the one we could dispense with if needed.

1. Linear down Hurontario from Brampton Go to Port Credit Go via Mississauga CC transit terminal
  2. MCC loop to PC GO
  3. Perhaps if demand warrants it, a Brampton Go to MCC loop, which could utilize the opposite direction of the loop as 2
I see that the envisaged service pattern excludes #1 above, which is probably a mistake. 3 seems like the one we could dispense with if needed.
At meetings I been at when the loop was in play, it was stated that the line would see two lines splitting at MCC requiring riders to transfer from one line to the other one to bypass MCC. There was to be no bypass line. When the loop was canceled the splitting of the line was removed.

It was in 2022 that the loop came back into the picture again and the answer was still the same for splitting the line if the loop took place.

In 2023 the issue for service rose again and for the first time there were talks of a bypass for line that could take place. At this time, there are no straight answers how funding service will happen as we well quality of service. The recommendation put forth by various councilors that ML would look after operation cost of the line like it is doing with TTC for Finch and Crosstown. I support the recommendation.

The reason around the split was a 2-factor issue. One was ridership and the other was quality of service to match the ridership needs. When you look at the corridor, ridership will be higher north of MCC than south as it has more opportunity to see higher density as well more employment development than the south. It also brings a larger number of students going to Sheridan or catching a GO Bus from Brampton.

Today, route 2 has better headway than 17 since BT502 is carrying the lion share the 17 used to carry since it now short turns at Derry. 103s has seen higher numbers these days than when it first started as it was busy north of Dundas while bypassing MCC saving riders an average of 13 minutes. Route 103 ridership fell badly south of Dundas going to PC to the point where the line was cut back to the Queensway, saving two buses for the route. A larger number of riders going north of Dundas were going to the employment lands up to Derry Rd for the 103,

2. MCC loop to PC GO
Have you ever seen or taken the 502 Zum? #3 is incredibly warranted.

I agree and I think there would be way more riders from Brampton to MCC than from MCC to PC. Most folks north of Queensway would be using the Milton rather than the LSW go line, especially if the Milton line becomes all day service.

This would be served by #1, as that service pattern would still go to the MCC terminal, it just wouldn't loop all the way around MCC before continuing south. The loop around MCC seems to me about giving people living in MCC a nearby, one seat ride to a GO station. Maybe MCC becomes more of an office node that would require bringing people in from the north to places other than Square One.

This would be served by #1, as that service pattern would still go to the MCC terminal, it just wouldn't loop all the way around MCC before continuing south. The loop around MCC seems to me about giving people living in MCC a nearby, one seat ride to a GO station. Maybe MCC becomes more of an office node that would require bringing people in from the north to places other than Square One.
I see your point now.

I wonder at what point the media will really apply the pressure... If no announcement is made by early September, I would suspect significant public backlash because it would mean Eglinton LRT won't open until 2025. People would be significantly pissed.

good luck to the residents at Don Mills and Eglinton... the Ontario Line construction is slated to start in that area in 2025. Imagine the LRT just opens up and next thing you know the Ontario Line construction starts for the next 10 years lol. And then imagine an Ontario Line North extension. This intersection will see construction till 2040 non stop at least lol
This is the Hurontario LRT Thread, not the Eglinton thread

Feb 10
Highlight
Hurontario is now Ine 10 per the Derry Rd Station sign to Port Credit that I shot today. Station still not done.
Four more sets of poles been to be installed to complete the OS poles from the OMSF to the south end of 407 terminal. Some have brackets on them.
Topflight intersection is finally open with no left turn off Topflight. Excavation is underway from Topflight to the section to the south with some underground work taking place as well.
Crossover switches are in place to be spliced in several locations before encased in concrete.
White OS poles being installed north of the 401 that are plain with four by the substation have holes in them on two side with two poles facing e-w and the other two n-s
Most of the track work between the 401 and Britannia has been poured in place or about to.
Crossover at Trader for the switches are in place waiting to be spliced in several locations before encased in concrete.

Long and no photos
My original plan was to do a walking trip up to Eglinton as I wanted to get some urban shots up there as well along the route and take the bus up to Topflight. Seeing some things north of Eglinton, I decided to walk up to Bristol. Since I was close to Matheson, I took a walk up there as well looking at the crossover. Seeing no bus insight, I walked up to Britannia to get the bus.

Northbound traffic using the new lanes that open on Friday south of Brunhamthorpe. Noticed new left turns signals now in place at Elm and Central Parkway. I was wrong about the right turn lane for Burnhamthorpe as there was to be one since the curb was set up for this on day one.

The southbound turning lane for Burnhamthorpe should be open this week as they just pave the area where the bus stop is to be to allow the removal of the road platform. The south-west corner has been paved for the right turn off Burnhamthorpe as well eastbound with barriers around the hydro pole.

They have placed a subbase for the guideway For Robert Speck Guideway since I saw it on Tuesday, A two-man crew were building formwork for the road curb north of the intersection.

On Tuesday, crews were building a dirt subbase at Sq One Dr and gravel has been placed on it. Looking at how the line will cross Sq One, it will require some shifting of the turning lanes while each section is to be built. This will be the next intersection done after Robert Speck is done based on the work in the guideway, I get the impression they plan to build the guideway north from RS to Sq One while RS is being done.

Excavation is completed for the south pier for Rathburn that foundation is in place on both side of that pier for retaining wall support.

When I saw Styrofoam blocks last year for the north 403 pier, I expected they would be used as Geofoam for the ramp to connect the line at the off ramp from the 403 intersection. Those blocks have been moved to the north side in a valley between the 403 on ramp and Hurontario. This will require an extra light or shorter light for southbound traffic to allow trains to cross the southbound road to get to the centre guideway.

Construction is taking place north of the 403 off ramp to Ella Dt to widen the northbound lanes.

Hard to say if the base of concrete to anchor the tracks across the intersection for the two plaza that is schedule to be open Feb 14 as it was cover up, but the topcoat still needs to be poured.

No tracks in place for Eglinton station.

Rails and ties laying in the guideway north of Nahani Way with tracks in place for the southbound track haft way to Trailwood Dr.

Tracks are poured in place from Trailwood to Bristol.

No tracks in place for Bristol station or up to Barondale Dr.

Tracks poured in place from Barondale to Matheson.

Tracks finally in place for Matheson Station and waiting to be spliced and poured in place. The other has haft is poured in place.

With the switches in place at Trader, the missing sections of tracks can be installed.

Britannia Stop still not form or any tracks for that block

Photos to follow

Last edited:
Line 10. Ugh! :( Why not rename the Yonge-University subway Line 11-11A while you're at it?

Even if "Hazel McCallion Line" is ever changed, I know what most people now won't call it...
I only call it the Hurontario LRT line period, and my photos are tag that way also

I am debating if I will add 10 to the tag. Currently Hurontario LRT Line and could be Hurontario LRT Line 10. There are over 2,000 phots now and no plan to go back and change them anytime soon

I did add (Finch Line 6) And Crosstown LRT Line (Eglinton Line 5) After they were given a number.

Main headers are done by zones as Hurontario LRT Zone (1) to (24) with info where those zones are.

Back