Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I think I wasn't clear on what I meant. The City in Brampton is interested in giving more pedestrian and cycling space, not getting rid of cars entirely. That's why the surface option for this extension has it running in mixed traffic with cars, because according to city staff the only option other than getting rid of car lanes entirely is to get rid of bike lanes, which they object to doing completely.
You could have bikes mix with cars if the street is low volume and low speed

The City of Brampton is not interested in meaningfully pedestrianizing downtown Brampton, Planning staff repeatedly objected to removing the two car lanes in downtown.

The Ridership growth is heavily concentrated on the Chinguacousy and Dixie buses which have absurd growth, each growing by around 100% since 2019. The 502 Main bus in contrast has seen significantly less growth.

Algoma is definitely engaging in sketchy behaviour, their Brampton campus has more internal students than every other campus has students total. They went from under 2000 international students total in 2021 to 9000 today. Algoma has more students in Brampton by this date than the TMU campus was supposed to have.

The submitted plan for the Downtown Brampton MTSA has almost the entire area zoned for high density. In the long term the area will probably reach a median height of 30+ storeys, including south of the CN bridge. The data I have seen on applications suggests developers do not care if the LRT is coming, only that they are allowed very high density zoning.

The reason people support the tunneled option is because Brown keeps swearing the LRT will be free for Brampton. If you asked them to pay an extra $300 or more per year in property taxes, they might have a different storey.

The issue we have is people want the LRT and do not care about the cost compared to the benefits.

Mayor Brown has indicated he is unwilling to pay for the LRT, I think perhaps the province should call his bluff and say they will contribute 1/3 to the project, contingent upon the City paying a 27% share.

Keep in mind this map is the result of crayoning by the Planning Department, not from Brampton Transit. It is so obviously crayoning that the hijra convinced Brampton's planning department to add the Potential for The Gore Road and Mayfield Road.
I guess they are planning on tearing all the old buildings down to make way for taller ones or leave one half of the block up with new development behind it? Big mistake tearing history down, but some of those buildings should come down.

You can still run four lanes of traffic with transit in mixed traffic like Rotterdam video. The city still wants on street parking leaving a single lane in each direction and no different to the number of cities that do it today. I know ML wants a ROW and can deal with both options with no problem. This is one of a few places where mixed traffic for two blocks should be while at the same time, there should be no on-street parking period.

Back in July 2023, I submitted a request for information to Metrolinx to find out more about the Hurontario LRT’s name change in honour of a political and personal ally of Premier Doug Ford. I got the documents in late January. There were a few interesting things that came out of it.

Likewise. If forced to use her name, I’ll go with the Hazel McCallion Gravy Train.

I guess they are planning on tearing all the old buildings down to make way for taller ones or leave one half of the block up with new development behind it? Big mistake tearing history down, but some of those buildings should come down.

You can still run four lanes of traffic with transit in mixed traffic like Rotterdam video. The city still wants on street parking leaving a single lane in each direction and no different to the number of cities that do it today. I know ML wants a ROW and can deal with both options with no problem. This is one of a few places where mixed traffic for two blocks should be while at the same time, there should be no on-street parking period.
So Main Street Brampton needs more lanes of traffic than this??????

27315B3B-7FEA-41BE-8DB8-FFD880A4BB11.png
41A6EB5A-D8AA-4257-A21B-6479443CB5D3.png

Last edited:
I think I wasn't clear on what I meant. The City in Brampton is interested in giving more pedestrian and cycling space, not getting rid of cars entirely. That's why the surface option for this extension has it running in mixed traffic with cars, because according to city staff the only option other than getting rid of car lanes entirely is to get rid of bike lanes, which they object to doing completely.
In 2018, they asked the public and the BIA what they wanted to do for downtown streetscaping. The survey FROM THE BIA came back as pedestrianise the Four Corners area. Same generally with the public.

City staff rejected this. Ridiculous.

In 2018, they asked the public and the BIA what they wanted to do for downtown streetscaping. The survey FROM THE BIA came back as pedestrianise the Four Corners area. Same generally with the public.

Outrageous.

They probably asked thinking the BIA would support their subways subways subways platform. When they didn’t they pretended they didn’t ask.

Looks like work has started on the Queensway intersection as both 4 and 103 are now on detour and it will be sometime next week before I can have a look at Queensway and the south end.

I was told they are to do three intersections a month and based on the number still to be done, it will take up most of the year to do them all. The current two will take 2 months each and there are 12 of them like them still to be done with another possibility of four more.

It's so easy to skew a question to get the answer you want, but at the same time it can defeat what you are looking for. Brampton BIA answer was the opposite to what the city was looking for with the BIA being right for foot traffic. Many times, while on the streetcar, I have seen a new store or X that I need to check out the next time I am around it and something you cannot do being underground.

Looks like work has started on the Queensway intersection as both 4 and 103 are now on detour and it will be sometime next week before I can have a look at Queensway and the south end.

I was told they are to do three intersections a month and based on the number still to be done, it will take up most of the year to do them all. The current two will take 2 months each and there are 12 of them like them still to be done with another possibility of four more.

It's so easy to skew a question to get the answer you want, but at the same time it can defeat what you are looking for. Brampton BIA answer was the opposite to what the city was looking for with the BIA being right for foot traffic. Many times, while on the streetcar, I have seen a new store or X that I need to check out the next time I am around it and something you cannot do being underground.
Didn’t the danforth once have a streetcar and the businesses suffered when it was replaced with a subway?

Didn’t the danforth once have a streetcar and the businesses suffered when it was replaced with a subway?
Yes, and still hasn't recovered from it. It goes downhill from Broadview to Main from my point of view.

Keep in mind this map is the result of crayoning by the Planning Department, not from Brampton Transit. It is so obviously crayoning that the hijra convinced Brampton's planning department to add the Potential for The Gore Road and Mayfield Road.
why is this term used in this context?

I’m guessing this person is trying to take liberal pinko bike riding latte supping libtard to the next level.

I don’t see the comment so I’m guessing it’s been rightfully deleted.
Still showing for me. This isn‘t Twitter and it would be super if people didn’t import the culture wars here.

Back