Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Found these renderings on Stantec’s website of what I assume are out of date renderings for the Line 10 stations at Square One and Brampton Gateway. Really like how the stops are actually substantial and provide indoor waiting areas.

1728589366065.jpeg

1728589379707.jpeg

Found these renderings on Stantec’s website of what I assume are out of date renderings for the Line 10 stations at Square One and Brampton Gateway. Really like how the stops are actually substantial and provide indoor waiting areas.

View attachment 603176
View attachment 603177
They are out of date to what has been built as it shows the platform a lot wider than built There is no inside area now and look like this shot in March. that is still unfinished today for the east side.

May be those renderings are for those stations only, but time will tell.
53602477540_1272e00c41_b.jpg

View attachment 603177
Yes, I would suspect this is old. Seems to be an odd configuration, why the big central corridor if not for an underground passage like GO platforms (unnecessary here for sure)? Surely they can’t support that much width in the Main St. median north of Steeles.

They are out of date to what has been built as it shows the platform a lot wider than built There is no inside area now and look like this shot in March. that is still unfinished today for the east side.

May be those renderings are for those stations only, but time will tell.
53602477540_1272e00c41_b.jpg
geeez these stops have been value engineered to hell... ML really needs to get out of this tall narrow canopy fetish... it does nothing to protect riders on a bad weather day. for all its opulence at least the viva stations have protected shelters to keep people protected during the cold wet days.

Yes, I would suspect this is old. Seems to be an odd configuration, why the big central corridor if not for an underground passage like GO platforms (unnecessary here for sure)? Surely they can’t support that much width in the Main St. median north of Steeles.
Who said the Steeles stop is on the north side when it still plan to be built on the south side?? Rendering are great, but most don't live up to what gets built.

geeez these stops have been value engineered to hell... ML really needs to get out of this tall narrow canopy fetish... it does nothing to protect riders on a bad weather day. for all its opulence at least the viva stations have protected shelters to keep people protected during the cold wet days.
They could raise the roof to be haft a cup that wouldn't interfere with the LRV that would be better than this, but any type of roof will be useless when the winds are blowing rain or snow at the riders.

In fairness, you will find shelters like this in Europe and the US unless its a wide platform. The shelters I saw in Atlanta, Charlotte and Washington this summer were basely on the line as Line 10, 5 and 6. ION is not any better either. Ottawa use wide platforms that offer better protections.

geeez these stops have been value engineered to hell... ML really needs to get out of this tall narrow canopy fetish...
Builder: these plans look do-able. Would the two most important things be on spec and on time?
ML: actually, most import things are tall narrow canopies, and a T in a circle on every station

Who said the Steeles stop is on the north side when it still plan to be built on the south side?? Rendering are great, but most don't live up to what gets built.
Do you have a source for it being built in the south side as opposed to the north side?

The EA I have shows it situated on the north end. The other thing is, they did a whole lot of relocating of underground utilities on the north side which they wouldn't have to do if they were doing it on the south side. If you can provide an update so I can use it as a resource that would be nice. I've attached the image here.

1728688034936.png

Do you have a source for it being built in the south side as opposed to the north side?

The EA I have shows it situated on the north end. The other thing is, they did a whole lot of relocating of underground utilities on the north side which they wouldn't have to do if they were doing it on the south side. If you can provide an update so I can use it as a resource that would be nice. I've attached the image here.

View attachment 603513
Talking to Mobilinx as well been noted here by others, the stations is on the south side due to the fact Brampton was still playing around with their ideas for the LRT north of Steeles. This left open the option of the line going north/east/west once Brampton came up with a plan. We are kind of back to the original EA, but no clue if the subway will be built as Brampton wants it at an extra $2 Billion over the surface route or go with the surface route regardless what Brampton wants other buying votes and seats.

The original call for it on the north side.

Oct 11
Part 1
Having finished the work, I had to do today earlier than planned, along with not interested working on my backlog of 1600 photos, decided to take a trip to the 403 and have a look at the corridor before heading over to Sq One to get a few things. Decided then to take a trip to Port Credit and have a look at the corridor.

You could smell the fresh asphalt at Burnhamthorpe intersection, and it looks like it was paved on Thursday or Wednesday and fully open. Northbound curb lane has been paved a lane and half wide from the guideway, but the southbound was a different story. They fully repaved the area that was torn up and paved about a month ago that covered both southbound lanes and the Burnhamthorpe lanes west of Hurontario.

Concrete curbs for the outside of the guideway from Robert Speck Station to the Square One Intersection. Concrete curbs for the 4-centre section have started at Square One Intersection with will end up like all the stations so far.

They have finally built the retaining wall and sidewalk on the south side of the ramp to Rathburn and City View and it only needs handrail on the main retaining wall.

The north side sidewalk on Rathburn has been poured but has not been finished yet at City View. The road has been cut for the same area and waiting to be paved to restore the road as before for westbound traffic. Westbound lane curb west of City View and beside the LRT ramp to Rathburn is stake and partly poured.

No work going on for the wye area.

Forming underway for the bridge support and we should see the second half of the bridge over the 403 in place by year end.

Forming done for Central Parkway Station, and it could be pour next week.

The transform box is in place now for Central Pkwy.

The southbound curb lane north of Fairview and the sidewalk have been torn up as well as the southbound curb lane only on the south side of Fairview. This must be done first before the guideway for the intersection can be built.

Work is still on going for the retraining wall with most of the area to the south of it has been clean up to allow the stacking and pouring of the curb with paving following it.

From John St to just north of Dundas, the northbound curb lanes are now open with southbound traffic shifted to allow the work for the southbound curb lane.

Oct 11
Part 2
The northbound curb lane south of Dundas to Queensway was still closed with a few spots still needing paving, but it was paved coming back up and could be open next week. This includes the work south of Paisley. This now allows the guideway to be built from the fire station to south of King St. It will mean Paisley will be closed like it was to be in September.

No new sidewalk for this area and it will be far from the street edge with light poles in the way.

The southbound curb lane south Sheorbee Rd of was being paved and is now done to the north side of Rabba driveway. The rest of the area to the Nouth Service Rd is ready for paving. The right turning lane is out of action until Hydro relocates the poles which will be some time in 2025.

Nothing new for the QEW other than the northbound curb has been poured from the off ramp to the North Service Rd.

Once the last 200’ is paved south from the off QEW ramp, the southbound lane can partly open that has been paved to Mineola until those poles are removed in the southbound curb lane.

The west sidewalk from the QEW off ramp to north of Mary Fix Creek is a mesh mash of not being built to missing sections or what are we supposed to do here. Most driveways have sidewalks across them including a few residents’ homes, but a number still to be done.

The sound barrier supports are in place, and waiting for the panels for it was well support base work.

Retaining wall going up for the Mary Fix Creek.

Retraining walls are formed to connect to the push box for both walls for the sidewalk.

Nothing has happened on the east side south of Mineola.

Nothing has changed for the Port Credit Station

Overall, I saw a lot fewer works along the corridor than in the past. The big push now is to get the roadwork done before the snow flies as well having 2 lanes open, especially south of the QEW

We should see at least 3-4 intersections out of the 11 remaining ones that I know of done by end of the year.

As a note, there a 2 for sure lots south of the QEW on the east side with one with For Sale sign on it, the other one was where McD used to be and was planned n for townhouse that the city derail. There is one or two on the west side as it’s hard to say if it belongs to a building next to it.

The photos I shot today will be online in about a month’s time.

Back