Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I'm still kicking around but haven't flown since early July. It's been a brutally busy time of late; partly self inflicted with the remaining part visited upon me.. However, I'm charging up right now for maybe some Sunday morning activity.

I'll try and keep an eye out for another drone in the sky since Sundays are when I like to do my shots as well. My main areas are going to be around 407/Hurontario, Square One area around where the new pier is going, as well as an aerial shot if I can help it... Might also try and get a shot of the QEW and Port Credit if I can't help it.

Can't wait to see your shots if you make it out.

I'm surprised to see construction workers on site today (at Burnhamthorpe and Hurontario). Don't normally see them on a Saturday I don't think.
I would frequently see them working Sundays in Port Credit. Not all areas, but certain areas they would be working when I would roll into work.

My days as a transit advocate are coming to an end after doing it for 25 years as the powers to be don't listen to us or groups anymore and do what they want to do regardless if it wrong and too expensive in the first place.

Thanks for the advocacy Dave. Even if it didn't always mean what it should to the powers that be, your sharing of updates and inside knowledge with us all here has been incredibly valuable, and I very much appreciate all that you've contributed for us over the years.

I'm surprised to see construction workers on site today (at Burnhamthorpe and Hurontario). Don't normally see them on a Saturday I don't think.
I've seen them working on Sundays South of Indian Valley Trail, as well as Saturdays between Derry and Topflight. Their areas change here and there, but I know they definitely want to relocate utilities as best they can. That seems to be the major hangup right now.

Crews have worked on on Sunday for many locations, especially intersections having guideway being built for them as well other location and other requirements.

As we head into fall, the push is on for getting as much civil work done before the snow and cold weather arrives even if it means working Sunday. Until the curd and crud lane is built, cannot build the guideway without major issues for pedestrians. Traffic will be a single lane until that curb lane is built as well the guideway.

It would be great to have them work on Sunday for Burnhamthorpe to chase those protesters away and stop parking where they are not supposed to park in the first place. Since this intersection is supposed to be done by the 19, expect to see crews there 7 days a week until it done hopefully.

Very few Saturday have see no one working on the line somewhere along it outside of long weekends.

From my point of view, this is a make work and saying look at what we are doing for new areas, when there isn't a section on Hurontario done 100% with out the overhead being in place. The closest that come to this is the trackwork from Hurontario/Topflight to the OMSF that still need work along with the overhead being strung. If they work on getting the areas near completion done and that is from Topflight to Eglinton, they can say to the public that section is done and waiting insulations of station and overhead. Even the OMSF is not 100% finish.

They then can say, testing of the new fleet can now take place considering it was supposed to be in Feb of 2023, but one LRV is not going to cut it. They will have to pull the LRV from the OMSF to Eglinton at walking speed to make sure there are no issues with the tracks and stations. If there are, they will have to be fix before doing another walking testing of both tracks and crossovers. Once the line is power, then slow running of the LRV will start until it gets up to street limit speed to start the full burn in and test each LRV as they arrived as well training the trainers who will be training the new drivers.

Talk to anyone about this line, they will say its so late, causing all kinds of problems, but most off, they don't expect to ride the line until 2027 if then and most likely drive as it will be faster to do so..

Back