Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

When is this like planned to open? Seems like early 2026?
It still on schedule to be completed by the end of 2024 with service starting Q1/O2 2925. Based on what I am seeing first hand, the date will be met even with a few sections being almost a year behind schedule, like PC tunnel.
When will it be dug up again to repair the "deficiencies"?
This will not be like Crosstown nor KQQR work. There has been a few areas that have been rebuilt due to poor concrete or a change in design. It even different than the Finch project where Finch has been a nightmare to drive on it while Hurontario has had a few bottlenecks from tine to time including 2 full weekend closure for intersections.

900 years for testing? I guess if you really, really, really want to iron out all the glitches....
LOL how did I do that when it was supposed to be 2025?? So much for not proof reading things before posting these day. The system would be obsolete in that 900 years of testing

From today (May 2nd), Tim’s photos above for comparison. The black waterproofed section is now solidly below the dark blue support structure. Some good movement.

1683066993132.jpeg

That was raised at a council committee last week when the update on the line was presented to then at the time. Council wants the loop done when the line opens in early 2025 as well a timetable for the current work as to when X will be completed.

Council would like to be ridding the line by the end of 2024 with ML saying work will be done by the end of 2024.

I can say without a doubt, the line will be done by the end of 2024 and the testing area by the end of this year. 65% of the testing guideway is built with 75% of the track in place for it. Britannia, North Flight and the 2 401 intersections still needs to have the guideway built for them to complete the testing area. Derry and one other intersection in the test area is seeing guideway built for them now. All the rest are done as well a few others not in the test area.

Courtneypark, Derry Rd stations platforms are currently been built, leaving Britannia platform to be built. Matheson platform is mostly built and waiting for shelters.

Now the new substations are being installed, the OS will be the next thing to happen for the test area.

First LRV is in production and to be shipped this fall.

I heard through the grapevine, 2 years ago, that the project was already tracking behind schedule.. so we shall see...
Its an yes and no, but we will see. The PC box is a year behind, but hasn't delay much. Some of the delay has been caused by ML related to the box, not the contractor. The QEW box was 3 weeks behind. The elevated guideway was 4 months late starting A lot of the yard track is behind schedule, but not effecting anything other than manpower that could be use elsewhere.

The area south of the 403 seems to behind by a few months.

Weather will have an impact on any project that could set things back or help to get things back on track.

Lack of some keep personnel on this project has caused some delays as well manpower and material.

From what I am seeing some design changes or rethinking things have setback a few areas as well the city has requested a few things to be done not part of the contract with an change order including extra cost.

There been a few extra surprise found for the project which is common for projects like this that has some delays.

April 21 & 24
I understand replacing existing fencing where they are for privacy and due for replacement, but not where none have existed in the past other than a 4' mesh fence. Those townhouses on the east side and south of Fairview are to get this wooden fence to reduced the street noise more than the coming of the LRT. Are we going to see a lot more of these fences as the LRT are only be heard if at all every 8 minutes for the next 5-10 years once it starts running in 2025.

Got a fair bit of decking in place already
52869436350_c3ec370935_b.jpg

52869051931_ce94494a27_b.jpg

52868380229_2663da55c9_b.jpg

52868211161_edee97f0f1_b.jpg

Not going to cut down the noise that much with this type of wooden fence
52868211306_3d152e8f1d_b.jpg

52868652248_7d531a1635_b.jpg

52868652398_3b8ed3f2ab_b.jpg

Only mesh fencing was used here
52868597050_57b182b883_b.jpg

That fence been there since day one and due for replacement
52868380584_bcd1e9e330_b.jpg

There’s a new report to the Brampton Committee of Council summarizing the 30% design of the northern extension to Downtown Brampton.

The surface design – which would require the lowering of Main Street under the CN overpass and a below-grade terminal at Brampton Station – would cost over $900 million

The underground tunnel would cost over $2.8 billion.

IMG_7011.jpeg

IMG_7012.jpeg

The underground option is preferred for every reason but cost (cycling infrastructure, heritage, downtown public activation, traffic).

It’s worth reading, as it shows what the Brampton surface LRT terminal would look like (the heritage railway station would be moved) and how the city would make its case, comparing costs and ridership to other transit projects.

I’d rather the surface option get advanced – because it’s going to be more appealing to provincial and federal governments – but I just want the damned link completed.

It’s also worth noting that the relocation of the Brampton Gateway Station would cost just $9 million – it’s infuriating that Mulroney and Metrolinx aren’t willing to budge on that as phase one is underway.

There’s a new report to the Brampton Committee of Council summarizing the 30% design of the northern extension to Downtown Brampton.

The surface design – which would require the lowering of Main Street under the CN overpass and a below-grade terminal at Brampton Station – would cost over $900 million

View attachment 474169
View attachment 474168

The underground option is preferred for every reason but cost (cycling infrastructure, heritage, downtown public activation, traffic).

It’s worth reading, as it shows what the Brampton surface LRT terminal would look like (the heritage railway station would be moved) and how the city would make its case, comparing costs and ridership to other transit projects.

I’d rather the surface option get advanced – because it’s going to be more appealing to provincial and federal governments – but I just want the damned link completed.

It’s also worth noting that the relocation of the Brampton Gateway Station would cost just $9 million – it’s infuriating that Mulroney and Metrolinx aren’t willing to budge on that as phase one is underway.
Let see.......the surface route would free up $2 Billion that can be use for many projects as well riders would be using it years before the subway is ready to run.

The existing VIA station was to be relocated from day one.

The surface line will have no impact on the existing heritage of the area. It will have an impact on street parking as it will have to be remove as well only a single lane of traffic with no turning lane. Bike lane has always been an issue.

Lower Main St is no big deal as it has happen in many place for roads only. Construction of it will cause a mess for a few months depending on the aging infrastructure.

Depending on cost, you could slim the existing CN bridge to gain height. Would see a single line while the bridges are slim, but most likely gain a 2nd track with the addition of the 3rd or the 4th one. Would have an impact on GO, VIA and CN service.

These are straight construction estimates in current dollars? I don't see an inflation element (future cash-flows) or 30 year maintenance/operations component. How are we supposed to compare it to Metrolinx's super-expensive Hamilton LRT project when Brampton leaves out 70% of the price.

Edit: This is a jab at Metrolinx inflating project values, not Brampton for doing a reasonable analysis the public can understand

Last edited:
The link is giving 404 Error page Today. It looks like the same chart from Feb 27'th and figures we saw a couple months ago at the Brampton Council LRT session.

https://pub-brampton.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=81694

The cons for the surface are manufactured on purpose as I broke down in this thread in February. $216M of the new $933M surface costs are from a new underground station added into the design over the 2015 plans. I recently publicly questioned the Integrated Downtown Plan pushed by staff who have no interest in giving priority to any transit vehicles through the downtown as they remove 2 lanes and was responded with condescending answers where such a consideration was considered "extreme".
The path that Mayor Brown is taking by putting all eggs in one basket because the "surface shortchanges the tunnel ask" is going to result in nothing being funded at all and this LRT ending at Steeles indefinitely.
I'm keeping an eye on when they halt progress on the surface study to prioritize the tunnel. Likely in a decision once the full 30% design docs are released soon.

Last edited:
The link is giving 404 Error page Today. It looks like the same chart from Feb 27'th and figures we saw a couple months ago at the Brampton Council LRT session.

https://pub-brampton.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=81694

The cons for the surface are manufactured on purpose as I broke down in this thread in February. $216M of the new $933M surface costs are from a new underground station added into the design over the 2015 plans. I recently publicly questioned the Integrated Downtown Plan pushed by staff who have no interest in giving priority to any transit vehicles through the downtown as they remove 2 lanes and was responded with condescending answers where such a consideration was considered "extreme".
The path that Mayor Brown is taking by putting all eggs in one basket because the "surface shortchanges the tunnel ask" is going to result in nothing being funded at all and this LRT ending at Steeles indefinitely.
I'm keeping an eye on when they halt progress on the surface study to prioritize the tunnel. Likely in a decision once the full 30% design docs are released soon.
Brown and company can say it is tunnel or nothing at all once full 30% is done.

The province will say either we are fine with no extension or you are getting the surface line regardless you don't want it if its to be on our dime. You want a tunnel, you pay for not only the building of it, but as well the maintenance of it for the next 60 years.

Back