Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

The problem for a Kingsbridge stop is the final design of the LRT crossing 403 that is subject to the approval of MTO. The last I heard, that bridge design was before MTO for approval. This includes how the LRT will get back to the centre of the road since the LRT bridge is on the west side of the current bridge and ramp. The ramp to 403 southbound can be move south, but require drivers to reduce speed to it

Once MT removes 7 & 34 and after the LRT is built, current plans calls for a 19 to run every 15 minutes servicing existing stops around 2022/23. LRT service is supposed to be every 10 minutes, but not set in stone at this time.

The quality of service for the LRT is being funded by the city who have no idea at this time what that cost will be until the contract is awarded this fall. With the elimination of 103 and cut in service of 19, those saving will toward the operation cost of the LRT. The city has a plan in place to deal with the LRT operating cost, subject to the signing of the contract that can change things.

I have seen the business case and its very strong in support of a stop there.
If that is the case, why did they not go ahead with this stop?
There will still be local bus service stopping at Knightsbridge/Elia and Hurontario - the 19 will continue to stop there, partly because the LRT won't be offering local service. Neither the 103 nor Zum 502 stop there currently, either.
Thank you for posting that. IIRC #10 will continue to service Hurontario St between SQ1 and Bristol Dr while #19 will terminate at SQ1.

If that is the case, why did they not go ahead with this stop?

Thank you for posting that. IIRC #10 will continue to service Hurontario St between SQ1 and Bristol Dr while #19 will terminate at SQ1.
It boils down to money and speed and why stops were moved or removed, with this one being removed.

19 is not terminating at Sq One, but at Port Credit. 10 is a joke and will remain as it is today routing when the LRT starts running and offer no benefits to this area. You realize 10 doesn't run on Hurontario these days???

Reactions: jys
I'm not super up to date but, how will Service work in the loop at the middle of the line?
2 different dumb routes and you will haft to transfer from one to the other in the loop to do the full dumb trip if you want to bypass Sq One. You will not save any time doing these changes on the LRT, as it will be the same travel time as the current 19 buses today. One reason I have opposed this loop from day one as it service next to no one in the first place, other than the bus terminal. 103 offer a better travel time bypassing Sq One.

There been talk that the north line will have a higher headway than the south one of all the dumb ides.

I personally vote for LRT stop there.

It should be obvious to anyone given the weather of the past week, why windswept Mississauga should have LRT stops near high density residential complexes.

We are building a downtown here after all, right?

19 is not terminating at Sq One, but at Port Credit.
By terminating at SQ1 I mean departing from Port Credit and terminating at SQ1.
You realize 10 doesn't run on Hurontario these days???
I do. But I swear I saw 10 as part of the post-LRT Huronatario plan somewhere.
10 is a joke.
I don't disagree. It won't come every 5 minutes, but it will be frequent enough for people who can't walk the extra 500m.

By terminating at SQ1 I mean departing from Port Credit and terminating at SQ1.

I do. But I swear I saw 10 as part of the post-LRT Huronatario plan somewhere.

I don't disagree. It won't come every 5 minutes, but it will be frequent enough for people who can't walk the extra 500m.
19 will run from Port Credit to Steeles by Sq One once the LRT goes live like it used to be. What we need is Peel Transit that was supposed to happen when the Region was form, but never did.

10 like most routes needs to run every 15 minutes 7 day a week.

The planning at MT sucks and has been that way since 2000 when I became involved in transit. I recommend in 2003 going grid system as well have 24/7 routes and look how long it took them to start doing some grid changes. No matter what MT does to improve transit, council has screw it for them by building both a poor road grid and low density along them, as well city wide.

The plan LRT is only one of 7 lines I have call for back in 2005 and will kick start redevelopment of Hurontario.

As for post changes to routes after the LRT is built, its a work in process just like the Transitway that will change from year to year regardless of any 5 year plan. Not impress with the current 5 year plan

Last edited:
Reactions: jys
I personally vote for LRT stop there.

It should be obvious to anyone given the weather of the past week, why windswept Mississauga should have LRT stops near high density residential complexes.

We are building a downtown here after all, right?
Its supposed to be Uptown Downtown, with the Downtown where Sq One is. The current Downtown is at Dundas and Hurontario today.

Until the City and OMERS take their heads out of their ass and plan a real downtown not like Downtown 21, you may see it in 50 years.

Last edited:
@drum118 this is what I was referring to. From the 2014 EA(section 4-4).
yAW61Ks.png

edit:
H90WzTM.png

Last edited:
On the subject of the location of the 403 crossing, a report which is going to Mississauga General Committee about relocating City Centre Transit Terminal gives an overview of the Downtown LRT Route. Item 8.1 Appendix 1. https://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/committees/general/2018/2018_1_17_GC_Agenda.pdf
This is one of the two options begin considered for Transitway Routing, but both show the same Downtown alignment for the LRT.
Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 9.22.19 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 9.22.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 9.22.19 PM.png
    560.2 KB · Views: 1,866
On the subject of the location of the 403 crossing, a report which is going to Mississauga General Committee about relocating City Centre Transit Terminal gives an overview of the Downtown LRT Route. Item 8.1 Appendix 1. https://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/committees/general/2018/2018_1_17_GC_Agenda.pdf
This is one of the two options begin considered for Transitway Routing, but both show the same Downtown alignment for the LRT.
View attachment 132310

Also note a separate bridge for crossing the 403 for the LRT (this may have been announced earlier). I had no idea that Mississauga was considering upgrading this part of the Transitway either. I like the idea of a new, centralized transit terminal.

I like the idea too, it certainly makes sense with the LRT. I'm not sure however that adding an LRT overerpass and a Transitway underpass near Rathburn and Hurontario will be a good idea from the perspective of pedestrians, who already face many ramps and awkward crossings. My other concern is that this may be a bit too far east for all of the condo development around Confederation Parkway, south of Rathburn.

The bridge for the LRT goes back as far when the EA for the LRT started, if not sooner.

The first proposed route was by City Centre Dr coming of Hurontario north of Burnhamthorpe and crossing the 403 before the loop surface. That was before the issue with Walmart and delivery surface.

In doing 30% design work last year, it was found the plan connection to Hurontario wouldn't work and why there is a bridge now for it.

As for the Duke of York BRT bridge, that idea has been around since the Transitway was to be built and long before the LRT surface. Doing a grade separation as noted, is the best option.

Best to use all the land as a transit hub as it will be needed come 10 years from now. It also allow OMERS to use the current terminal land for future development like a soccer stadium that been proposed for the city.

People will either walk or use transit, regardless where they are to the new location of a transit hub as well walking to/from Sq One, depending where they are going to/from.

Long time reader first time poster. A group that calls itself New Brampton is promoting a LRT route in Brampton that would be a large unidirectional loop. Starting at Gateway at Hurontario/Steeles/Main, this LRT route would run west on Steeles, north on McLaughlin or McMurchy, east on Queen to the Brampton GO Station, continue east to Kennedy, and then run south on Kennedy, back to Gateway. I believe the total length would be 12 km. They are asking some existing Councillors and potential Council candidates to support the idea.

Articles: https://www.bramptonguardian.com/co...-community-leaders-to-hold-town-hall-meeting/

https://www.bramptonguardian.com/op...-headed-for-a-battle-over-university-campus-/

Back