Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

The curved part of the podium facing the intersection is a great focal point. Too bad it's clad with the same reflective glass as the rest of the complex. Transparent glass and a grand atrium would have looked better. They were originally planning on covering it with advertising (media square style), but I think that would be an even worse outcome.

Date for TTC Yonge-Sheppard south entrance at Tridel Hullmark Centre south tower has been pushed back from October (original) to December. The entrance itself looks done late September but there doesn't seem to be any hurry,... and they still need to finish up the sidewalk outside. Seems like they want to wait until Tridel HullmarkCentre south tower is complete or at least more closer to completion to open up the TTC south entrance.

Wonder if this construction is the reason for the mass exodus at the condo buildings next door? There are something like 17 units for sale at 23 Sheppard, which is right next door.

I think this project looks awesome, but it would be even more impressive if people could see the face of it on the way into NYCC, heading north on Yonge, rather than seeing it on the way out.

Does anyone know if Hullmark 1 is now North York's tallest?

(Oh, and Tridel Webmaster Guy if you're reading this, almost time to tilt the webcam up again. Thanks :eek: )

jwot0bN.jpg

(Image today from Hulmark ConstructionCam found http://www.ucitonline.com/hullmark/ )

Since nobody mentioned it,.... new residents have been moving into south tower (aka 2 Anndale),... thus it seems south tower is generally keeping with original schedule.

I noticed that people were moving in, but Whole Foods seems to have come to a standstill. The space is ready. Can't find any updates about it. Anyone know what the delay is?

Hey, if any area of the city needs higher quality buildings, it's downtown North York. Don't begrudge them this one nice development.

Not saying that at all, I agree North York deserves at least a few nice buildings to contrast the mass of mediocrity that currently exists. It just that this project proves Tridel is capable of quality, which makes it all the more bizarre that their projects in the core are lacking such refinement.

Well, it's Hullmark/Tridel and not Tridel/Hullmark.

Better choice of colours than some of the downtown projects but, still nothing special.

Back