Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

Should work well with a 5-storey middle part of the building and a nice public square. They started with installing cladding; will upload pictures a bit later today.

Here is some shots of cladding, as I understand, they use both curtain wall (dark and white part) and window wall (dark cladding at balconies):

img0872de.jpg

img0875yp.jpg

Yonge-Sheppard is changing fast now; considering that the lowest part of the HC podium will be even with the current height of the south tower, the impact will be pronounced:

img0877g.jpg

From our construction camera, the south tower on Anndale is rising up quickly now. The oval form in the centre is the rooftop pool.

Padlxy

I was looking forward to Hullmark (the curtainwall looks promising), but I'm afraid it'll just be another spandrel monster in the end.

HULLMARK-CENTRE-25-07-2012-2.jpg

HULLMARK-CENTRE-25-07-2012-1.jpg

eek, its a bit better then World on Yonge, which I just saw in person today ....

Why do they keep using such an ugly shade of grey? Is there something so wrong with simple black and/or white? The World On Yonge condo looks just as bad.

On a different note, here is a different view of the pool and another that includes the top floor of the south tower as it was last Friday.

They have added another floor since this picture was taken.

Hllmrk Pool_2012-07-20.jpg
Hullmark_20-07-2012.jpg

Attachments

• Hllmrk Pool_2012-07-20.jpg
    Hllmrk Pool_2012-07-20.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 409
  • Hullmark_20-07-2012.jpg
    Hullmark_20-07-2012.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 456
Hullmark Centre construction time lapse

Time lapse photography from our construction camera showing activity up to May 2012.

For orientation, north is to the right. Near the end of the video, the Anndale Tower in the upper left can be seen to start its ascent upwards.

[video]http://youtu.be/9KFxm7PJ6Ds[/video]

Time lapse photography from our construction camera showing activity up to May 2012.

For orientation, north is to the right. Near the end of the video, the Anndale Tower in the upper left can be seen to start its ascent upwards.

[video]http://youtu.be/9KFxm7PJ6Ds[/video]

That was simply awesome.

Thanks for updates! Is there chance that Whole Foods will be open in 2013? Here is a shoot from today, Aug 3:

img0954km.jpg

Thanks for updates! Is there chance that Whole Foods will be open in 2013? Here is a shoot from today, Aug 3:

We're looking to get occupancy on the Anndale tower around 3rd quarter of 2013. I would have to check if this applies to Whole Foods.

The south tower rises almost a floor a week; good pace! Considering that the east part of the podium is almost done, the middle (yellow) might get dismounted soon?

Back