East Gwillimbury Holland Green Village | 31.2m | 9s | OLV | Makow

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Holland Green Village: a proposed 9, 9, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 & 1-storey mixed-use condominium, market-rate rental, retail, place of worship, community centre and parkland development designed by Makow Associates Architects for LRT Technologies (operating as "Holland Green Village", "OLV Developments" and "Joseph & Tony Dableh") on the southeast corner of Dogwood Boulevard and Holland Vista Street, northeast of Highway 11 in the Hillsborough community of East Gwillimbury.

Renderings from the 3rd SPA submission and Presentation to Council of May 2023:
Renderings-0.jpg

Edited_2021-08-12_YongeBuilding-01_lowres.jpg

Renderings-1.jpg

Renderings-2.jpg

Renderings-3.jpg

Pres Holland Green Village-5.png

Phasing:
Pres Holland Green Village-9.png

Site context:
Pres Holland Green Village-2.png

This area is so bleak and dry right now, so if they deliver on retail and community use it would go a long way to making the area feel less like a "flyover suburb" between Bradford and Newmarket. Make it happen!

A bit too much paving/parking. I think it is missing some of the point of its inspiration. Hopefully this isn't just kitsch.

According to Tony Dableh, the curvature was inspired by the built form of Bath, England
So the curviness comes from Bath, the designs are Place des Vosges Parisian wannabes, and the complex is Holland Green Village? Pick one!

...they should rename it the Holland Garish Village. It would be a little more honest, IMO. /sigh

This is incredible tbh! This kind of European density and human scale development with storefronts lining the streets is what we need more of instead of single family homes. Also love the neo historic looking architecture. Mostly will comedown to execution but so far so good
It's funny considering how literally anything else within a 3-kilometre radius of this place is single-family homes apart from what little retail there is along Yonge.

There are a couple of issues they have to fix if they don't want this place to be a car-centric hell. There is no bus service to the existing community, and as someone who makes the trip on a regular basis, the biking experience on Highway 11 is complete garbage. Highway 11 has narrow, broken shoulders, and cars speed past you at 80 km/h or more, not to mention the entire southbound trip towards Green Lane is uphill.

Perhaps not a popular opinion as it's historic recreation but a pleasant surprise. The rendering is promising. As someone who grew up in England, the proportions and materials look right. That's critical to a successful result.

no one's going to comment on the one house of worship (I guess there are no other religions in this area) and then the all white people (i'm guessing the people they want in this area) in the renders?

no one's going to comment on the one house of worship (I guess there are no other religions in this area) and then the all white people (i'm guessing the people they want in this area) in the renders?
Because I guess the readers are not up to thread derailing here...which would likely result in it all getting moderation nuked in the end. *So let's just not go there for now. Thnkx!

*Note: Unless you're itching for a flame war...take it up in General then, please!

Back