Mississauga Hazel McCallion Central Library Renovation | ?m | 4s | City of Mississauga | RDHA

05/30/2022:
Library 2.jpg

Library 3.png

The term is "tacked on".

Ya know, I agree..........and notwithstanding that RDHA can produce credible designs; this is not one of them.

I'm tempted to modify the above to 'hacked on' as a negative reference to the architects involved. (their portfolio shows they can achieve; but often do not)

This is the description of the firm's work that comes up when you google (from their website):

1672258719364.png

Ummmmm. (looks up at the picture again). In a word. "No"

Not cutting edge

Not of the highest quality.

I might give them transparency; but unfortunately that was not what was called for here.

Ya know, I agree..........and notwithstanding that RDHA can produce credible designs; this is not one of them.

I'm tempted to modify the above to 'hacked on' as a negative reference to the architects involved. (their portfolio shows they can achieve; but often do not)

This is the description of the firm's work that comes up when you google (from their website):

View attachment 447488

Ummmmm. (looks up at the picture again). In a word. "No"

Not cutting edge

Not of the highest quality.

I might give them transparency; but unfortunately that was not what was called for here.
I'm glad something I posted off-handily back in June is getting a reply today... 😼

...but yeah, always be weary of those pronouncing "cutting edge" and/or "innovation", as invariable they're just fancy words of making the boring stuff they produce less boring somehow.

I'm glad something I posted off-handily back in June is getting a reply today... 😼

...but yeah, always be weary of those pronouncing "cutting edge" and/or "innovation", as invariable they're just fancy words of making the boring stuff they produce less boring somehow.

Even I miss some threads here from time to time, when I miss a day or two, or when everyone is posting all at once, and there are 50+ updates. LOL

So I just saw what you said, would have been happy to agree then, as I do now!

Off-topically: Lastman got a square named after him when he was mayor...so there we go? >.<

The LRT was just Doug Ford doing something for a useful person for his agenda: delivering suburban votes, supporting for-profit long term care corporations, and decimating the Greenbelt.

As for Mississauga, it’s Bonnie Crombie’s payback for the 2014 endorsement, and the city’s mistaking longevity with greatness –racism, homophobia, and corruption notwithstanding.

Mel Lastman got just one thing named for himself. The Wicked Witch of the West has at least a half dozen.

I mean, the dissolution of Peel is also the Hazel McCallion Act, which tells you exactly which municipality is being favored in that process.

In a just world the Tories would lose all their seats in Brampton because of this, but I don’t see that happening.

The LRT was just Doug Ford doing something for a useful person for his agenda: delivering suburban votes, supporting for-profit long term care corporations, and decimating the Greenbelt.

As for Mississauga, it’s Bonnie Crombie’s payback for the 2014 endorsement, and the city’s mistaking longevity with greatness –racism, homophobia, and corruption notwithstanding.

Mel Lastman got just one thing named for himself. The Wicked Witch of the West has at least a half dozen.
Doesn’t matter why the name is chosen. Hazel is everywhere as if there’s no other person who came from Mississauga. Funny enough at the bottom of city hall there is a park with signs for famous Mississauga people. What every happened to Bianca’s street?

Back