Toronto Harris Square | 50.29m | 13s | Urban Capital | Saucier + Perrotte

April 26, 2021

693438F4-397F-4758-8B9F-AACCB6A463B0.jpeg
0E4AC258-9155-4BAC-B1C5-E77DB34E3BCF.jpeg

Good pics.

I viscerally dislike the street lights.

They just read as utilitarian and blah.

I'm not sure the design ethos would be saved with a jet-black colour scheme, but it would surely be an improvement.
The streetlights should be black, IMO. Grey is neither here nor there.

Pics taken May 23rd, 2021:

Progress on the underside of the tower, and looking sharp where finished.

Occupancy of the lower floors has taken place, lots of people coming and going.

1621877374651.png

1621877398476.png

1621877413427.png

Really, everything in this pocket by Saucier + Perrotte is sharp, sexy, well executed design.

I hope we get to see more from them in Toronto.

I wish they would finish the cladding on the underside. As it is the building looks like a shark attack. Which I’m not mad at. But upon closer look it’s obvious that’s not the finished intent.

I wish they would finish the cladding on the underside. As it is the building looks like a shark attack. Which I’m not mad at. But upon closer look it’s obvious that’s not the finished intent.

The lighter portions are a protective plastic that simply hasn't been removed yet. The front is almost done. A bigger issue is that the sides and back of the building are not clad yet. The installation is extremely slow / meticulous. It's been going on for months now.

I hope there is more yellow around the lobby entrance. It pops nicely against the black
there is not. the remaining material is the stair core which will be clad in mirror panels. which i suppose may reflect some of the yellow spandrel

Back