Toronto Grand Hotel Redevelopment | 153.95m | 49s | Amexon | Core Architects

A bit off-topic and superficial, but...

As someone who likes the colour green, it is so pleasant that GFL seems to have a real monopoly on excavators in this city. I remember when these used to be yellow / amber, and to me, the green is a vast improvement.

The GFL equipment isn't the only thing that's green - the water at the bottom of the pit has taken on a green hue.

IMG_7483.JPG

Can you explain this a bit more? If you don't mind?
There are protected airspaces in the area for helicopters landing at St Mike's or Sick Kids: buildings cannot extend into those flightpaths.

It has been a slight compensation having a temporary nice view now that the Grand is gone, although we have run out of guesses as to what they are doing on the site; they seem to be moving dirt around while still leaving partial perimeter concrete garage walls. Is there a building permit? This is building # 7 constructed in a circle around our building at 192 Jarvis...7 years of noise, dust, traffic distruption, etc etc....when will the local residents' quality of life be part of the equation ?

Those flagpoles can be re-used elsewhere!
Good to see the canopy was saved.
does anyone know when the new building will start? We have been fascinated by the continual influx of fill with the concrete garage floor still intact...all very odd but we are loving the view.

does anyone know when the new building will start? We have been fascinated by the continual influx of fill with the concrete garage floor still intact...all very odd but we are loving the view.
Usually until they've excavated all the way to the bottom. And I guess that depends on how many P levels that's coming with this project that will determine expediency they'll hit the as for mention bottom. I hope this helps!

As of this afternoon, almost all of the concrete peripheral walls were gone and they were dumping trucks of rock (very large gravel) - I assume to allow piling rigs go on the site without sinking into the mud.

Back