Richmond Hill Grand Genesis | ?m | 15s | Guizzetti | Aria

The sales office was completed and a tent added this week, serious public opening coming.

That view from the rear of the project does not indicate the street with single family homes immediately behind the site. There will not be that much space between the end of that rear patio and the fences and backyards of the houses behind.

But it looks park like....

Grand Genesis

This is a great looking project and going to Gold LEED certified building. The name of the architect is wrong in this forum. The architect is Aria Partnership and the building is almost completely sold in 3-4 weeks.

Grand Genesis sales centre.

grand-genesis-21-08-2011.jpg

That view from the rear of the project does not indicate the street with single family homes immediately behind the site. There will not be that much space between the end of that rear patio and the fences and backyards of the houses behind.

But it looks park like....

Google Earth or Map the site: there is hardly any room between the development and the houses behind it. My suspicions is the park in the illustration is where the houses and their backyards are.
What's really disturbing is the lone bungalow on the east side of Frontier Drive (at the corner) that barely has any yard space. The back of that bungalow looks about 3 feet from the property line and it is surrounded entirely by the development and the street. The bungalow looks relatively new. I'm wondering what that homeowner is thinking about this condo?

Maybe the developer bought that bungalow (it would better complete their property), if not the property value of that place would just plummet when the development's done.

There is hardly any space between the building and houses - they may do a small strip of landscaping and grass. The house you referring to perhaps is the one which is owned by Guizzetti's and donated to a women charity. The project looks great with good quality stuff inside the suite - long time since a builder put in such classy stuff as standard.

Google Earth or Map the site: there is hardly any room between the development and the houses behind it. My suspicions is the park in the illustration is where the houses and their backyards are.
What's really disturbing is the lone bungalow on the east side of Frontier Drive (at the corner) that barely has any yard space. The back of that bungalow looks about 3 feet from the property line and it is surrounded entirely by the development and the street. The bungalow looks relatively new. I'm wondering what that homeowner is thinking about this condo?

Maybe the developer bought that bungalow (it would better complete their property), if not the property value of that place would just plummet when the development's done.

The Grand Palace must be another development in R Hill by the same builder.

On another note; in driving by today and Monday, noted that all of the decorative cedars have been removed and a wooden fence is being erected around the site--the posts are in along Yonge. The building to the north has been surrouded by a metal fence and the sales office appears to be in the beginning stages of being taken down.

Work on the site may not be far off.

Since last post, the two buildings to the north of the site have been demolished and the hoarding extended to where they were located.

The sales office has been removed and preliminary grading or excavation work has begun.

This will be a great addition to the condo market. I am looking forward to its construction, there doesn't seem to be any digging so far. The occupancy is supposed to be Dec 2013 - not sure how they are doing on the timeline.

Since last post, the two buildings to the north of the site have been demolished and the hoarding extended to where they were located.

The sales office has been removed and preliminary grading or excavation work has begun.

Logically the Yonge Street corridor makes perfect sense for intensification (much like Hwy 7) of this nature, afterall it DOES have the VIVA BRT servicing it with high frequency service, which is really the next best thing to subways

Logically the Yonge Street corridor makes perfect sense for intensification (much like Hwy 7) of this nature, afterall it DOES have the VIVA BRT servicing it with high frequency service, which is really the next best thing to subways

There is not just Grand Genesis, but also the development at Yonge & 16th and the Grand Palace that is going in on the former Richmond Hill (Kinnear) Pontiac site.

Incidentally, I have not seen a thread for that last one, but it could be started. They have been working on the old dealership and there is signage with that name. Here is the website http://www.grandpalacecondos.ca/.

There is quite a bit of activity on the Grand Genesis site with large piles of earth, a drilling rig and two backhoes.

Last edited:
Traffic disaster zone indeed.

Grand Genesis ~ 300 units
Beverly Hills ~ 1000 units
Grand Palace ~ 600 units
Xpression by Zancor ~ 500 units
Unnamed project site just south of the central library ~ 1400 as per signage
Unnamed project site on Major Mack 300 metres west of Yonge ~ 300 units

not counting SkyCity (Pemberton) which will be only a couple hundred yards east of Yonge.

Is this too much over the next 3-5 years ?

Traffic disaster zone indeed.

Grand Genesis ~ 300 units
Beverly Hills ~ 1000 units
Grand Palace ~ 600 units
Xpression by Zancor ~ 500 units
Unnamed project site just south of the central library ~ 1400 as per signage
Unnamed project site on Major Mack 300 metres west of Yonge ~ 300 units

not counting SkyCity (Pemberton) which will be only a couple hundred yards east of Yonge.

Is this too much over the next 3-5 years ?

I take this route daily by car and by VIVA; the bottleneck from Major Mac to 16th, through the 407 intersection and in particular, through the area of the golf courses to Centre Street and on to Steeles is particularly bad now. With these added plus World on Yonge etc. it can only be much more intense.

The extension of the Yonge Subway may help to 407 & 7 area to the south, but how does that co-ordinate with this traffic from the north?

I wonder if there is any chance of expanding yonge street to 3 or 4 lanes but i think there is no space. There are homes and shops on either side of yonge. This is going to get worse and public transport won't help much which is few years away any way.

If anyone who lives in the area can post pictures of grand genesis that will be appeciated!

Back