Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

IMG_9658.jpeg
IMG_9659.jpeg
IMG_9660.jpeg

Hey!

I’m one of the on site guys who worked in this crew. I was the coordinator and I did a lot of running around, often worked 14 hour shifts keeping this thing together running smoothly back when I worked in that company and I just wanted to say that I am really grateful for the quiet appreciation you guys show on here. Unfortunately I couldn’t find myself on any of these photos, but thank you for your interest in what’s been such a big and challenging part of my life!

Hey!

I’m one of the on site guys who worked in this crew. I was the coordinator and I did a lot of running around, often worked 14 hour shifts keeping this thing together running smoothly back when I worked in that company and I just wanted to say that I am really grateful for the quiet appreciation you guys show on here. Unfortunately I couldn’t find myself on any of these photos, but thank you for your interest in what’s been such a big and challenging part of my life!
Thank you for your service! It’s a really exciting project.

Any idea why no restraining rail on the second track?

Hey!

It's been a fun one to follow the last three years for sure. Thanks for your hard work! Are you able to say whether you were with Graham, Soncin, Western, A&B or one of the other partners?

Last edited:
Are there plans to work on the Doncaster diamond after the Davenport Diamond is all said and done? Any renderings out there?

Are there plans to work on the Doncaster diamond after the Davenport Diamond is all said and done? Any renderings out there?
I haven't heard any suggestion of any significant improvements to the Richmond Hill line any time soon. Leslie GO station and Bridge GO station are in the pipeline, but with the CN mainline north of Doncaster Diamond there is a big barrier to major investment in tracks, frequency, and grade separations.

This is the followup question to another question - which is "Are there plans to upgrade the Richmond Hill GO line to an extent that would necessitate a grade separation at Doncaster"?

The answer to that question being "No", I think you have your answer.

- Paul

No. While there are loose plans for a grade separation there, they are so far out in the future and nebulous that there aren't likely to be any serious engineering drawings done as yet.

Dan

Keeping the diamond track is classy, that's really nice.

I'm glad too they are keeping it.... but that planter box display looks like a liability claim in the making. Wait until a few kids climb over it and fall down on the hard rails.

The West Toronto diamond is also preserved, but is set in pavement, I hope the render isn't too accurate and the steelwork is kid proofed somehow.

- Paul

I'm glad too they are keeping it.... but that planter box display looks like a liability claim in the making. Wait until a few kids climb over it and fall down on the hard rails.

The West Toronto diamond is also preserved, but is set in pavement, I hope the render isn't too accurate and the steelwork is kid proofed somehow.

- Paul
Lots of this kind of thing along the High Line in famously-litigious America. No guard, just the old NY Central tracks in the planters.

Last edited:

Back