Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I magnified the above substantially and its still hard to get a completely accurate car count on that consist.

@smallspy ; @crs1026 or @Urban Sky might have some insight into what appears to be the longest VIA consist I can remember. Its certainly well north of a dozen cars.

Consist for the train, as caught by a friend of mine:

Baggage, illegible
Skyline 8512
Dawson Manor
Burton Manor
Wolfe Manor
Skyline 8506
Fairholme
Illegible - Manor
Hunter Manor
Sherwood Manor
Jarvis Manor
Allan Manor
Skyline 8517
Empress
Chateau Denonville (P)
Chateau Salaberry (P)
Prince Albert Park (P)
2 locos, 20 cars.

The record for the Canadian as I understand it is 30 cars and 4 locos, although that was back in the early aughts. 25 cars is the largest that I can recall the train getting to in the past 10 years.

Dan

Consist for the train, as caught by a friend of mine:

2 locos, 20 cars.

The record for the Canadian as I understand it is 30 cars and 4 locos, although that was back in the early aughts. 25 cars is the largest that I can recall the train getting to in the past 10 years.

Dan
Yep 30 cars is the record, which is a crazy number, if you walked a GO train end to end twice you still wouldn’t cover the same distance that this train did:
IMG_9481.jpeg

Last edited:
From my memory, the base consist for a peak season train in 2019 (i.e. pre-Covid) was:

01: PEI - F40
02: PEI - F40
03: PHC - Baggage
04: PHA - Coach #02
05: PHA - Coach #03
06: PHB - Skyline
07: PHE - Manor #20
08: PHE - Manor #21
09: PHE - Manor #22
10: PHB - Skyline
11: PHG - Diner
12: PHE - Manor #10
13: PHE - Manor #11
14: PHE - Manor #13
15: PHE - Manor #14
16: PHE - Manor #15
17: PHB - Skyline
18: PHG - Diner
19: PHD - Chateau (Crew)
20: PHP - Prestige Chateau #30
21: PHP - Prestige Chateau #31
22: PHQ - Prestige Park #39

That would be 2 locomotives and 20 cars.

I recall seeing a third locomotive and/or a few Deadhead cars (in front of the baggage car) on multiple occasions and at least once up to two additional sleepers, but that wouldn’t bring you far beyond these 22 pieces of equipment of the base consist…

Last edited:
If anyone cares - the July/August 2019 Branchline Magazine records that #2 of 8 June 2019 was observed with 25 cars at Fitzwilliam BC. Obviously Covid worked those numbers down.

Back issues of Branchline are on line at the BRS web site

- Paul

Let's enjoy it while we can before the idiot tagger brigade comes by and has a field day on the entire wall.
Should have a company of sniper paint ball shooters on roof tops and other location to tag the taggers and have the police pick them up for a day in court.

It may be bland but I like that it's uniform and uncluttered and (so far) not showing tagging or signs of wear.

Wish it didn't have those conduits sticking out from underneath but you can't have everything I guess.

Now - let's hope the public realm improvements get started, pronto.

- Paul

I don't know. I'd wager future civilizations would have difficulty determining if it was in fact attributable to humans.

LOL. Hey neither the Pyramids nor Stonehenge are all that much more elaborate

All we need is for the alignment to correctly predict some future asteroid strike or stellar alignment event, and we can keep future anthropologists theorising for centuries.

- Paul

Back