Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I could walk faster then that.... I hope increased speeds are in the future.

I’m told that the original test trains were given a test spec of 40 and 60 mph. If trains are still creeping, it is for a specific reason ie a further test, or training, or because construction is continuing.

- Paul

I’m told that the original test trains were given a test spec of 40 and 60 mph. If trains are still creeping, it is for a specific reason ie a further test, or training, or because construction is continuing.

- Paul
It could be as simple as that there hasn't been enough tonnage over the ballasted parts of the line to lift the speed restrictions on them, or as you note, continued construction in the area.

Dan

Last edited:
Hopefully someone catches the Canadian going over the bridge tomorrow.
Another milestone!
IMG_E4417.JPG

Absolutely flying by this morning. Anyone bitching about speed over this thing either hasn't seen it in action yet, or is just trolling.

There is to be one on the Barrie line as well
There were plans YEARS ago. So long ago that I honestly forgot about it until you said this.

It's since been deferred. I honestly don't even remember what happened to it. I recall a tender or EA request going out in like 2014 and then nothing. It was a very short lived thing before Smarttrack and the Metrolinx New Stations program killed it I think.

There were plans YEARS ago. So long ago that I honestly forgot about it until you said this.

Its since been deferred. I honestly don't even remember what happened to it. I recall a tender or EA request going out in like 2014 and then nothing. It was a very short lived thing before Smarttrack and the Metrolinx New Stations program killed it I think.

You need to follow the bouncing ball :)

The matter was just debated at Toronto City Council. The Bloor-Lansdowne station tender is ready to be awarded this month, but the costs have escalated and the whole Smarttrack envelope is now too small for all the stations proposed.

Council voted to ask the Province for more money to bail this tender out. Until that decision is reached, I suspect the tender won't get awarded.

Earliest completion date given the delay is said to be November 2027. Keele-St Clair on the Weston line won't be ready until 2029.

- Paul

You need to follow the bouncing ball :)

The matter was just debated at Toronto City Council. The Bloor-Lansdowne station tender is ready to be awarded this month, but the costs have escalated and the whole Smarttrack envelope is now too small for all the stations proposed.

Council voted to ask the Province for more money to bail this tender out. Until that decision is reached, I suspect the tender won't get awarded.

Earliest completion date given the delay is said to be November 2027. Keele-St Clair on the Weston line won't be ready until 2029.

- Paul
Any idea when we can expect to hear from the province on whether they will fund it? Haven't seen anything about it yet. So sad to see it delayed yet again, the project seems to be a victim of being the cheapest/least complicated of the 5 proposed stations - fortunately plans for increased density in the neighborhood are barrelling ahead despite the setbacks, but would be good for the station to be in operation at the same time as the building it will be attached to will be occupied.

Back