Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Video of that first(?) train crossing Wallace this morning. I was a bit lucky with that timing - was just taking the dog for a walk. Would have made a better and less shaky video if I wasn't holding a leash (though the dog was MUCH more patient than usual with my desire to stop and look at things).

Exciting morning! First train (an MP40 and 54) was slow, but the second one, powered by two F59s went by much quicker.
IMG_4364.JPG
IMG_4365.JPG
IMG_4366.JPG
IMG_4367.JPG
IMG_4369.JPG
IMG_4371.JPG
IMG_4372.JPG
IMG_4373.JPG
IMG_4374.JPG
IMG_4375.JPG
IMG_4377.JPG
IMG_4383.JPG
IMG_4385.JPG
IMG_4386.JPG
IMG_4387.JPG

The sound walls seem almost pointlessly short. Considering the engines of most trains is well above them.

I guess after conversion to electrification they will limit wheel sounds, which will be the main source of noise.

Yes, I think that was the reason for the short walls. Will be interesting to see how long the electrification takes....

Video of that first(?) train crossing Wallace this morning. I was a bit lucky with that timing - was just taking the dog for a walk. Would have made a better and less shaky video if I wasn't holding a leash (though the dog was MUCH more patient than usual with my desire to stop and look at things).
Great response!
1680538645857.png

All is going well. I was wondering if the recent community bulletin work posting by metrolinx for removing the diversion track for the month of April means they will be removing the diamond as well??

This is the posting I’m referring to: https://assets.metrolinx.com/image/..._Monday_April_3_2023_Monday_May_1_2023_v2.pdf
I’m not sure, but I would bet CP is removing the diamond, not Metrolinx. Freight railways don’t let others do work on their lines. Maybe the CP and MX work will align?

I missed the first train upbound today, but here are the first two downbound trains - ever - over the flyover.

The testing was interesting to watch. Apart from just trying out the new service at speed (it will take a while to get all the rock dust out of that new ballast) - the key scenarios involved stopping trains on the grade and then recovering, and coupling two trains on the grade. As noted, the emergency simulation will happen later this afternoon.

Despite the odd delay and glitch, this project has gone extremely well. So good to see it completed. My future trips to Wallace Ave will only be about the Paris Bistro and Bakery, but I'm not complaining.

- Paul

20230403 GO 564 First SB b.jpg
20230403 GO 654 second sb b.jpg
20230403 GO 654 Celebration.jpg
20230403 GO 564 Rescue a.jpg

Back