Innisfil Friday Harbour | ?m | ?s | Geranium | a—A

I would take this over a cottage any day. A cottage can be a lot of work.

This is no different than something like Blue Mountain Village. A mini resort.

Me too. I had a cottage with 26 acres of land for many years and indeed it's a lot of work but things and interests change and it was time to move on. This, to me, is perfect. This is not cottage life but rather resort style living set in a country setting. I'm actually thinking of buying a unit for those weekend getaways.

I do get that, and it's true cottages are work, but there is also something to be said about sitting in complete silence and enjoying nature. This is clearly lacking, based on those pics above. Tacky in my view, but to each their own. I think people perhaps don't value these things as much these days, I'm not sure why. My cottage is year round thankfully, and those winter months are equally enjoyable, sometimes more so, when you don't have to listen to seadoos all day.

I do get that, and it's true cottages are work, but there is also something to be said about sitting in complete silence and enjoying nature. This is clearly lacking, based on those pics above. Tacky in my view, but to each their own. I think people perhaps don't value these things as much these days, I'm not sure why. My cottage is year round thankfully, and those winter months are equally enjoyable, sometimes more so, when you don't have to listen to seadoos all day.
Definitely a different strokes for different folks case. I don't think anyone buying at Friday Harbour is expecting a quiet, wilderness setting. I think they're looking for a more social setting for their getaway. Cottage country is big enough for both types of getaways, and many other types between them.

In regards to year round living in the specific case of Friday Harbour, IIRC, to get this through zoning, Geranium Homes had to agree to a covenant restricting residents to no more than some (6?) months of use across the year, as the Town of Innisfil did not want a new town centre here, they only wanted a resort community.

Back