Toronto Freed Hotel & Residences | 219m | 63s | Freed | AS + GG

They don’t need all the cute lighting if the building wasn’t all …GREY!?
Maybe change up the permanent colour hue of glass used for podium & top of structure??
Would give this building more pop. Day & Night.
Otherwise, nice looking edifice.

We need another Freed about as much as another hole in the head.
...which is a weird claim to make. Because with this proposal, it appears we can't get enough of Freed here. /shrug

Toronto Model 02-12-24 Freed Hotel.png

It could have been interesting if there were a Mexican restaurant themed to Day of the Dead or a Doraemon-themed restaurant on the ground floor as well.
Also: I was wondering about that:..so to break it down: Takashi Murakami, the artist in question...

Doraemon, the subject of said artist piece there, but not the original artist on that...

In my opinion a good location to put a sizeable tower. Firstly, the location falls into the vast area of metro where the current structures, if demolished, would be of no great loss to the neighbourhood, at least from an architectural perspective. Secondly, I'm in favour of spreading newly constructed tall buildings out from the core in the coming decades, much like Chicago. Bring this on ...

I only came here to complain about the marketing video. This thing is PAINFUL:

The marketing video is super cringy.
As for the building, I like it quite a lot!
Unfortunately I feel like it'll be overshadowed by the surrounding neighbourhood to really shine and be noticed from afar. Street level should be really impactful though.

So am I only the only one that likes this proposal? lol
I really like it but I usually loves buildings other hate.
The marketing video is super cringy.
As for the building, I like it quite a lot!
Unfortunately I feel like it'll be overshadowed by the surrounding neighbourhood to really shine and be noticed from afar. Street level should be really impactful though.
Maybe I have weird taste but LOVES both the building and the video. Toronto looks incredible!

Back