Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

A neighbour this week indicated that they were told at a meeting this week that Ellis Don, building the office tower component only, plans to be at grade by November 1. It supposed to be a hot summer, so it might be a blessing and a curse to meet this timeline.

Saturday morning, and all is quiet at The Well - suspect this weekend's closure of the Don Valley Parkway is behind the lack of excavation activity . One fuelling truck this morning (that could be seen from our place) servicing some of the equipment.

Four photos from late Friday afternoon. The first - not a great photograph in itself - but shows the very first foundation footing for the office tower area having been poured - may be part of the tower, or given its location, just for the basement and podium areas. Followed by an overview of the pit, and a couple of photos from the west side of the site, showing the pond.

First Footing poured at The Well - April 20, 2018

well-footing.jpg

The Pit

well-the pit.jpg

The Pond with Excavators

well-pond with excavators.jpg

Pond, Excavators and Skyline

well-pond.jpg

Attachments

• well-footing.jpg
    well-footing.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 555
  • well-the pit.jpg
    well-the pit.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 493
  • well-pond with excavators.jpg
    well-pond with excavators.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 528
  • well-pond.jpg
    well-pond.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:
IMG_1597.JPG
The view from Metro Hall. The crane for the Well office tower can be seen just left of centre in the middle of the picture. So many interesting developments to come and change this view. I have been poking around the archives but have not found any taken from previous years ie 90's or earlier. I have a whole series that I took of Bisha going up from a hole in the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_1597.JPG
    IMG_1597.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 501
@RonThom If you are going to post things that are 'not opinions' you probably need to give us some reason/evidence for believing you or explain what your 'not an opinion' is based on. Those of is who have been here for a while have seen far too many examples of (apparently) knowledgeable posts that are presented as 'not opinions' that turn out to be wishful thinking, based on misconceptions or simply pulled out of thin air.

Wait and see

LOL You give source now!!

I was hoping on double digits but, I can see 9 here.

In My 35 years here in TO it's the largest yet project.. thank you coopEng for the pic at ground zero.. also there is a new site the whole building is flat.. #440 duffrin st... 2nd largest..passed by today no cell pic.. or phone.. apr.24.17

Last edited:
Allied Properties REIT plans to spend $1 billion to meet Toronto tech office demand

Allied aims to issue 10-year bonds in Canada, likely in the$200 million range, to help fund its The Well project, 1.6 million square feet of office and retail space

Allied and RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust, the joint owners of the commercial portion of The Well are hoping to secure two tenants in tech, advertising, media or information by the third quarter of this year to represent just under 50 per cent of the office space, which could cost as much as $750 million to build. Negotiations with several tenants are ongoing, Emory said, declining to identify any. “It is progressing well and that’s the top priority, without question — this is what we have to deliver this year,”
More......http://business.financialpost.com/r...ear-bond-to-fund-office-push-for-toronto-tech

Back