Toronto Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts | ?m | 5s | COC | Diamond Schmitt

This morning I got myself "a man at Harry Rosen". Actually, it was his brother Lou. I do hope my gown will be ready in time for June 14th. The material has to be imported, which takes two weeks. Otherwise Cinderella has nothing to wear to the ball ...

I'm just reaching into the closet and pulling out the standard evening wear. Such is the glory of being a man - you only need black tie and white tie, and you never have to buy it again.

Now that the dollar's up, one of my dates and I must attend at the Saks Off Fifth in lovely Niagara Falls NY so that she can aquire a new gown for the occasion. She's had good luck there in the past finding $1000 dresses marked down to $35...

The invite says black.

I can hardly wait to sit in that beautiful darkened room.

Interchange42,

I was simply stating my own opinions on the Opera House, yes, to me, it's one of the ugliest building in Toronto. And I thought we have learned from the past, but I guess not. I don't understand why that pissed you off so much. By calling someone a troll doesn't make you look that mature yourself.

What a hilarious discussion. To make the hysterical, laughable claim that the Opera House is one of the ugliest buildings in Toronto, as yelluwskys does, means that I'm free from reading any of his further posts, I'll just check the name and skip them by. Yellu, "troll" is being kind.

I don't think even the worst critics of the Opera House would call it ugly... it's actually fairly handsome but to me just too conventional or forgettable. I thought the site could have used something more showy. And yelluw, if you were just sharing your opinion, that would be no problem. But laughing at others' opinions, yelling through your keyboard, and just bashing Toronto with over-the-top remarks won't get you a good reception here.

Why hasn't anybody told me about Saxs off Fifth? Where in Niagara Falls? How is the boys' section?

--

I'm very happy with most of the Opera House....that front side is wonderful, and will be for many years.

The boys section varies, as in all outlet stores. Good shoes though. Last time I was there I got a great pair of Calvin Klein lace ups marked down from $580 to $55.00.

I did an unofficial study of buildings in Toronto just now. It turns out that at any given time, I can look around me and see an average of 5.6 buildings that are uglier than the Opera house.

Just to clear up that little discussion. The answer is 5.6.

O.T. From my office window, I can see the following buildings that are uglier than the opera house:
- Opera House Condos (3 buildings)
- Gallery condos
- Police Headquarters
- Rear of Simon Co-op (.6 - the front of this building is quite attractive but I see the rear portion).

5.6!

Thanks for the research. The evidence is piling up.

I see only prettiness when I look out my office window - no, wait, that's my own reflection. Seriously, though, I have no real ugliness to look, either at home or work. Some general mediocrity, but nothing to bring the numbers up.

How would the George Drew building count in the "ugliness" sweepstakes? (Personally, I think it's not so much "ugly" as absolutely outrageous, in an ultra-1970s Styx-album kind of way. Or better still, Billy Thorpe's "Children Of The Sun". Hey folks, if you can find a download of "Children Of The Sun", listen to it, and you'll know what I mean...it's, like, too 70s even for the 70s...)

g_drew_building.jpg

Back