Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

What's so sad about it? The building is being used temporarily during sales and construction, and when all is said and done, some of it will become the Mirvish Gallery.

I'm not upset about the towers coming in, quite the contrary. I'm just thinking from the point of view of those working in that office - I'm sure something bigger and better awaits them but it was a great studio. I guess saying it was a shame was the wrong choice of words!

QDN4exj.png

I think a height of 1,000 feet for a building is too high for a structure west of University Avenue. It is too close to the CN Tower and will interrupt views of it.

Yeah, it's not like this is ruining the ability to see the CN tower from the lake and there's hundreds of projects that have "blocked" view to the CN Tower. It's 553m, don't worry it will always be the tallest.

I think it's very unlikely to be surpassed in our lifetime, if ever.
Never say ever, 20 years ago no one would have dreamed of Toronto having 4 supertalls either in the approval process or under construction, same for 50 or more buildings of 200-300 meters, let alone the hundreds and hundreds of buildings over 100 meters.
yup just 20 years ago and not many predicted this

Back