Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

+1

And I would further point out Adma's maddening, indiscriminate use of ellipses. Otherwise I often find his points useful.

This will come as a surprise, but I like adma's writing style. It's different. While it is difficult to read, it does force you to think, especially to catch the references. I also fully respect his position on M+G. I believe what Toronto receives in return from the demolition of the warehouses exceeds what is lost. Adma does not (if I interpet his position correctly). I kind of wish the back and forth comments die down until we hear from the panel that Vaughan has assembled. David Mirvish is also suppose to speak on the development in February. I'm optimistic that the end product may be even better than what was originally proposed. Imagine if buildup and adma ended up both prasising the final design!

Fedplanner, the internal optimist.

This will come as a surprise, but I like adma's writing style. It's different. While it is difficult to read, it does force you to think...

Making people think is generally a good thing. However I feel that most energy is spent on just trying to decipher his language. To the point where whatever insightful comment can be forever lost in the writing.

True, Ada-mant's last post was so incomprehensible (possibly brilliant, I don't know) this thread took 4 days to re-boot.

This will come as a surprise, but I like adma's writing style.

I like it too (because it has entertainment value). But try to remember, that adma's writing style is all about....adma's writing style.

That acronym doesn't apply since this development isn't well planned. It's violating planning policy meant to keep this city livable and protect cultural assets like heritage buildings.

The irrationality of this statement proves the term applies quite aptly.

Sure enough! Very happy to see some of the younger set on board here; it's vital to Toronto that more of them take an active interest in how the city grows. But I believe our Adma would only be helping himself by subtly finessing his communication skills.

Back