Toronto Forensic Services and Coroner's Complex | ?m | 5s | Concert | WZMH

Some images from the UT article posted last week.

urbantoronto-8293-27058.jpg

urbantoronto-8293-27061.jpg

urbantoronto-8293-27060.jpg

Attachments

• urbantoronto-8293-27058.jpg
    urbantoronto-8293-27058.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,071
  • urbantoronto-8293-27060.jpg
    urbantoronto-8293-27060.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 957
  • urbantoronto-8293-27061.jpg
    urbantoronto-8293-27061.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,107
Couldn't have hurt if we add a P4 lab to the complex - Toronto is the stopping point for most international travellers to the country and we have to ship samples to Winnipeg to the National Microbio lab - the only P4 lab in Canada - for analysis if things goes wrong? No thanks to those in Etobicoke that killed the proposal for our lab in the 90s.

AoD

Last edited:
Couldn't have hurt if we add a P4 lab to the complex - Toronto is the stopping point for most international travellers to the country and we have to ship samples to Winnipeg to the National Microbio lab - the only P4 lab in Canada - for analysis if things goes wrong? No thanks to those in Etobicoke that killed the proposal for our lab in the 90s.

AoD

Alvin,

That kind of stuff happens at public health labs, not at forensic labs. The labs in Etobicoke are moving to MaRS Phase 2, but I don't think it will have a P4 lab. I agree that Resources Road would have been ideal for that P4 lab - in Toronto, but somewhat isolated from populated areas, close to the airport.

ShonTron:

That's what I meant - not as a part of this building per se (though having a Coroner complex w P4 capability might be useful - if not unique) but as part of the whole Resource Road complex (with the new HRRH as a designated hospital for emergent diseases perhaps).

AoD

Last edited:
Is this building making the Coroners building (on Grosvenor downtown) irrelevant? If so, any thoughts on the future use of that site?

It's a very unique building. If the provincial government's moving out, I hope any redevelopment respects the existing form.

It's a very unique building. If the provincial government's moving out, I hope any redevelopment respects the existing form.

Government is not moving out of the tower on Grosvenor but they have separated the Coroner's Complex on Grenville as well as teh parking garage on Grosvenor from the main tower. THe plan is to sell to a developer.

Regarding the tower downtown, what is (will) it be used for out of curiosity ?

Yea I believe they already put the land for sale (everything less the tower).

Regarding the tower downtown, what is (will) it be used for out of curiosity ?

Yea I believe they already put the land for sale (everything less the tower).

Some people are nervous about buying or renting property that someone died in. However, since most "clients" would have already been dead before they got there, maybe that is okay.

Some people are nervous about buying or renting property that someone died in. However, since most "clients" would have already been dead before they got there, maybe that is okay.

Bridgepoint administrative staff get to work in a building where 26 people were executed (more were dispatched outside). People die all the time in hospitals and nursing homes and occasionally in condos, rental apartment buildings and houses. Yet people still work and live in such places!

Someone died in my building just last week. I don't get why people are scared of dead people. Being scared of death is understandable, but being uneasy about a place where someone died? Living people can punch you in the face and take your wallet, dead people just decompose. Hardly anything to worry about

Back