Toronto Five St Joseph | 160.93m | 48s | Five St. Joseph | Hariri Pontarini

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but regarding the balconies, some of them look wide enough for a dining room table, yet others wouldn't be big enough to swing a cat. Is this the case?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but regarding the balconies, some of them look wide enough for a dining room table, yet others wouldn't be big enough to swing a cat. Is this the case?

It really depends on the breed of cat. You could certainly swing a ferret though.

The balconies are indented into the building. The cascading parts are just an extension of the balcony

Floor plans stay same size. Only the depth of the balcony changes which is determined on the cascade

You have just contradicted yourself. You first say that "The balconies are indented into the building". This would necessarily mean that the floor plans would be different. An indented balcony must get that extra space from somewhere. Then you say "the depth of the balcony changes which is determined on the cascade". Can't have it both ways. So, are the balconies indented into the building, thus changing interior floor sizes, or are the balconies different depths, leaving interior floors sizes the same?

The floor plates are the same, it is just the portion of the balcony that extends out that varies from unit to unit. That way the interior space is the same but some balconies are deeper than others all the while allowing the unit floor space to be the same.

Its amazing how different Yonge Street looks with the refurbishment of that strip. Clean it all up and all of sudden we have this "new" old neighbourhood similar to St Lawrence/Old Town Toronto.

Its amazing how different Yonge Street looks with the refurbishment of that strip. Clean it all up and all of sudden we have this "new" old neighbourhood similar to St Lawrence/Old Town Toronto.

Unfortunately, too many Yonge heritage buildings look like this:

Last edited:

Back