Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

When I bite into a York Peppermint Patty, I get the sensation I am standing on top of the newly-clad First Canadian Place, on a clear February morning.

Freeeeeeshhhhhhhh!

Minty green or not, I think it looks fantastic. Can't wait to see pictures when the project is half way down.

indeed. i don't know why everyone keeps posting/saying the glass looks green... yes! it does (a little)!. but its not a huge thing. its just like BAC looking grey in overcast. not a huge deal :). I think the re-clad is looking great!. especially areas like Bay street where you can see the difference between old/new. :D

indeed. i don't know why everyone keeps posting/saying the glass looks green... yes! it does (a little)!. but its not a huge thing. its just like BAC looking grey in overcast. not a huge deal :). I think the re-clad is looking great!. especially areas like Bay street where you can see the difference between old/new. :D

It's possible that the greenish tint stands out only in relation to the existing marble cladding.

The new cladding does look sharp. I'm looking forward to more of the corner treatment being revealed.

I'll speak for myself, I'm just being picky plus I have an aversion to anything tall and green these days, even mint julep green. It really is a huge improvement though and a welcome one at that. The contrast between the bit we can see at the top vs. the marble below is not only evident up close, but also from a considerable distance away.

Progress... concluded that the glass has a greenish hue but an acceptable greenish hue (unlike Trump) ... well, maybe not for the vampire who often times comes across the as bizzaro steveve (not that there is anything wrong with that)

I welcome steveve's youthful enthusiasm on this forum ......:)

Last edited:
Steveve is the best thing to happen to this forum since sliced bread.

^ You don't count - you love everything. :p

I love Steveve too, however historically he is neutral on all topics. Read back all of his posts and he promotes both sides of every argument in every one of his posts. Things like: "It's the worst idea ever, but I can see how it's really great." or "It's way too short, then again I can see how tall it really is in comparison."

When you read his "opinions", it's actually quite amusing how much he sounds like a politician. He never commits to one opinion and never upsets either side of an argument.

I love Steveve too, however historically he is neutral on all topics. Read back all of his posts and he promotes both sides of every argument in every one of his posts. Things like: "It's the worst idea ever, but I can see how it's really great." or "It's way too short, then again I can see how tall it really is in comparison."

When you read his "opinions", it's actually quite amusing how much he sounds like a politician. He never commits to one opinion and never upsets either side of an argument.

steveve is up for mayor!! :cool: haha

Back