Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

just noticed it looks rather like a cowboy boot in that rendering.

btw, where can i post proposals, rumours etc? maybe this board needs a "news and rumours" section kinda like ssp vancouver has? (On my long walks around the city I find these hidden development proposal signs--for ex, in the pape/cosburn area.)

wow...

best....video.....everrrrr

ComicBookGuy.jpg

I'm curious about the podium rooftop. I though originally that it was for the lightbox but the video insinuates that it for the condo. And I can't see condo owners being allowed to mingle at the festival parties. Does anyone know who the rooftop will belong to?

The podium rooftop is the condo's domain, but the TIFFG will be able to book it for events should they want to use it. The TIFFG will have offices and cinemas, etc., in the podium rising to the 5th floor, and then the condo will use the 6th floor as its amenities floor. There is a large space on that 6th floor (partially under the outdoor staircase) that can be booked for parties by either condo residents or TIFFG.

The condo sales pitch includes the promise that there will be occasional TIFFG events open to the condo residents where they'll get to meet film industry types.

Just watched the video. In the bit where the camera PoV moved into the lobby, it looked to me like the older render-guy in front of the desk started getting into an argument with the render-concierge -- he definitely acted upset about something. Poor render-people, even they have problems.

Bill

Just watched the video. In the bit where the camera PoV moved into the lobby, it looked to me like the older render-guy in front of the desk started getting into an argument with the render-concierge -- he definitely acted upset about something. Poor render-people, even they have problems.

Bill

I had just noticed the same thing...lol

Yeah, I noticed that the first time through too. I'm guessing he's getting all pissy because the concierge won't let him through. :)

Man: But I live here!
Concierge: Sorry sir, you are NOT on the list. Step aside.
Man: But... but..
Concierge: Security! Please remove this man.

Great video. I think the condo (and entire project) would look better if it were just a flat top box.

Does a choir come with every unit?

And all those render babes by the pool, are they a standard feature?

Sadly, the cinema in the video was only half-full. It would appear that the audience turn-out was low at the render-retro-simu-festival

That is a great video and that choir is eerily beautiful - I love minor melodies. Anyway - I love what they "proposed" for the north end of the site. That's what should be going up! Btw - the render people look exactly like Sims:D

^
Ya, Filip, they do look a bit like Sims. At first I thought KPMB may have contracted a 3D Animation studio do do this--but I think it's more likely that they used some nifty new presentation program.

^^^
Thanks for the info., Interchange. This building seems to be really well thought out--can't wait for it.

Overall that is one of the best promo videos for a Toronto building I have seen.

Another recent one I liked a lot was that cheesy mid-twentieth-century bit for Filmport:

http://www.filmport.ca/

(go to Filmport -> Vision -> Media -> Movietone)

What do you know -- there's a new 'trailor' for Filmport at the same site:

Filmport -> Vision -> Media -> Flicko

It's very different from the first one, but just as good.

Any other memorable promo videos out there?

Bill

Back