Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

Good start, although the Cons are simply recommiting a commitment.

Expo, transit expansion and buried Gardiner and they have my vote...not too much to ask.

They pay for as many things as they want. I won't vote for a party with homophobia as a policy.

I wish certain limp wristed individuals on this forum would stick to the topics at hand and stop trying to advance their "alternatve" life style. I am a very reasonable and tolerant person but I get more than a little upset when personal sexual preferences are contantly foisted upon me through postings on UTF.

Where is the Moderator when you need him??

Sorry if this has been asked to death, but will/does the condo tower need to be built at the same time as the TIFF base? I'm not sure if TIFF is directly underneath the condo or just attached to the side.

"stick to the topics at hand"

Your post is off-topic.

And as for eclairs...

JERRY: So lemme get this straight: you find yourself in the kitchen. You see an éclair, in the receptacle. And you think to yourself, "What the hell, I'll just eat some trash."
GEORGE: No, no. No, no, no. It was not trash!
JERRY: Was it in the trash?
GEORGE: Yes.
JERRY: Then it was trash.
GEORGE: It wasn't down in, it was sort of on top.
JERRY: But it was in the cylinder!
GEORGE: Above the rim.
JERRY: Adjacent to refuse, is refuse.
GEORGE: It was on a magazine! And it still had the doily on.
JERRY: Was it eaten?
GEORGE: One little bite.
JERRY: Well, that's garbage.
GEORGE: But I know who took the bite. It was her aunt!
JERRY: Well, you, my friend, have crossed the line that divides Man and Bum. You are now a Bum.

I don't think any part of that 196 mil is going towards the condo...is it just for the centre, isn't it? that certainly would be 'odd' if the government was in the business of funding condo developments.

They are a Conservative government. They are doing nothing for the poor. It seems reasonable that they might fund a condo for their wealthier supporters.

The government funds are not going to the condo - not one penny. It's the other way around - Daniels is paying an 8 figure sum to the fesitival centre for the right the develop a condo on site.

I'm not fan of the Harper government, but to suggest they are assisting in the funding of a condo is ridiculous.

I wish certain limp wristed individuals on this forum would stick to the topics at hand and stop trying to advance their "alternatve" life style. I am a very reasonable and tolerant person

I love it when the reasonable and tolerant indicate their reasonableness and tolerance by using homophobic buzzwords.

When the occasion warrants I use the term "Red Neck" or "Just a little to the Right of Attila the Hun"

Does that make me a bleeding heart liberal?

I think not. I am just a person who is plain fed up with minority groups of all kinds waving their Polical Correctnes placards around.

V of E, bite me. "Limp wristed" is right out of 1965 and you can take our faggot comments and shut up about it or you can go somewhere else.

Take a pill all of you or we will have to shut the thread down.

V of E:

I wish certain limp wristed individuals on this forum would stick to the topics at hand and stop trying to advance their "alternatve" life style. I am a very reasonable and tolerant person but I get more than a little upset when personal sexual preferences are contantly foisted upon me through postings on UTF.

Where is the Moderator when you need him??

For the record, this Mod is a "limp wristed" individual.

AoD

Actually it's circa 1930's and was used to describe effeminate behaviour in males. Faggots were used as kindling in the middle ages. Now lets get back on topic which I believe was the original point of my earlier post.

Government funding for the Film Festival portion of the project is in place. The developer (Daniels) has also contributed to it. The condo tower is a private development as I sure most people who post on this board know. The comment about the conservative government funding the condo was just plain silly.

Harper is the P.M. like it or not. He will most likely be returned with a majority in the next election. The liberal bastion which is Ontario will slowly begin to crumble as left leaning (politically) supporters realize that if only Harper does the barest minimum for Ontario and Toronto it will be more than the liberals have done in the 12 years they have been in power.

Harper is not a stupid person. He will make sure he does enough for Toronto and Ontario to show the province will be better off under the conservatives. Really not very hard to do when you look at what 95 seats in the house of commons did for us under the liberals. We where treated like dirt! Any one who says different had better take of their rose coloured glasses. Only when the liberal ship was finally sinking did they make a feeble attempy to ingratiate themselves with the province and Toronto.

And just to stop any more stereotypical right wing comments before they start I have voted in 8 federal elections. Five for the conservatives and three for the liberals.

Back