Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

Pasted by Lightbox yesterday and they have already started the renovations. Didn’t realize that they would be so soon but makes sense if they want to be finished by festival. Don’t know where the new outdoor screen would go.

Pasted by Lightbox yesterday and they have already started the renovations. Didn’t realize that they would be so soon but makes sense if they want to be finished by festival. Don’t know where the new outdoor screen would go.

This is the only open permit or permit application I could find for the site:

1680744417004.png

Bell is pulling out as long time sponsor of tiff, starting in 2024.

Given the stature of tiff as one of the premier global film festivals, I suspect there will be other sponsors to take Bell’s place, including brands with global reach. Think credit cards or tech companies.

Definitely doesn't seem difficult for TIFF to resell this spot. RBC is already a major sponsor and could step up further – alternatively, I always thought that putting aside RBC's present sponsorship slot, Scotiabank often felt like a natural fit, given they already have made such a branded investment in the movie space (unless there's any Cineplex exclusives that would prevent them from tying up with TIFF too).

This is the first advertisement I have seen for the reworked members lounge. Taken 7 September.

IMG_3891.jpeg

Back