Toronto Fashion House | ?m | 12s | Freed | Core Architects

It also happens to be Canadian Fashion Week this week - so the party may have had more to do with reinforcing the branding of this place more than anything else.

well that explains all the gorgeous looking models and makeup in and around Nathan Phillip Square during my visit to City Hall yesterday :D

It makes sense that it's related to Fashion Week, but Joe? Club Monaco's answer to Old Navy? Strange pairing; I doubt this is what the Freed marketing people had in mind for Fashion House.

Maybe they're trying to attract potential buyers who are both single and only capable of buying the tiny units featured in much of Fashion House.

I'm betting Peter Freed and Joe Mimran are family friends. It's a small world out there.... Joe+Fashion House, good pairing; both Canadian, both targeting same audience: middle market joe's.
Joe stores aren't middle market, though. That's why it's strange that a quasi-luxury condo operation would want to reach out to the the Zellers/Old Navy/Joe crowd.

Fashionhouse - kitchen

Attachments

• fashionhouse kitchen.jpg
    fashionhouse kitchen.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 296
Fashion House News

1 - the bldg is now 2 stories shorter
2 - the back building (facing 455 Adelaide) is now disconnected from the King bldg and will be sold separately

I'll let the forum speculate why (I know why but let you have your fun at it) but what it means is that we're looking at higher sold rate as total number of units smaller and total number of sold units growing, so this project is going forward, clickity-clak.

yk

My 2 guesses:

1. soil contamination on site at old gas station lands;
2. poorer sales on back building vs. King St. building.

Interesting developments... for this development. Looking forward to new renders (if anyone has them, hint hint).

Back