Toronto Fashion House | ?m | 12s | Freed | Core Architects

Any idea what orientation that is?

It looks a little different than the renderings.

Comparing this to the floorplates/floorplans on the website ... I would figure this is the north elevation of the King building (with the big terrace being the 10th floor)

I came across this today on the Allied RIET site. You can see Fashionhouse poking its nose out there. That PizzaPizza will look out of place with those two monstrocities going up beside it.

kingw544.jpg

The Allied building is huge. On the basis of that rendering, it looks totally out of place there.

me thinks PizzaPizza + Grand&Toy is gonna be an interim condition, they will go POOF! once a developer comes in with the right amount of $$ to redevelop

And with these precedents next door, it's going to be another hulk looming over King W.

It's two buildings connected by bridges at every level. They are visible just above the Pizza Pizza/Grand & Toy sign.

Presently, there is a three floor building sitting where the proposed second, taller structure is supposed to go. The bridge still adds to the bulk of the two buildings in that image.

Getting back to FashionHouse, there is a large banner for a demolition company on Adelaide. It's on the unused garage-like building right next to 455 Adelaide (which is apparently not really fronting on Adelaide).

There appear to be three buildings that will have to be demolished for this project, it appears that they are already underway on this phase.

Back