Toronto Fashion District Lofts | ?m | 10s | Freed | Core Architects

The building is now registered but I thought it was pretty funny that the address in 10 Morrison St!

Yeah, that's funny. Morrison "street" is more like a delivery driveway. I wonder why it's not the Adelaide address as advertised?

Morrison address

Apparently, buildings need to be registered to the street where the fire hydrant/water hook-up is (for fire services). In this case the water hook-up is on Morrison. I don't know if this was known from the get-go, making you wonder why Freed would name the development 455 Adelaide if the building was going to be registered as 10 Morrison. Maybe 455 Adelaide sounded more marketable in the beginning.

The concrete ceiling debate is... a little pointless. You either like it or you don't. This building is going after a particular style. 10 foot exposed concrete ceilings being one. Obviously people who were shopping for a condo at the time and didn't like the idea of concrete ceilings chose not to buy into this building - and vice versa. Unlike the address, the interior finishes were disclosed in advance. The building also has no ammenities (pool, gym, guest suite, etc.)... again you either prefer that set up or you don't.

I know, but the building had been advertised as 455 Adelaide all along. SLOCRO has provided a good reason for explaining that change.

Morrison is a dead end where it meets up with the Co-op cab company lot.

Apparently, buildings need to be registered to the street where the fire hydrant/water hook-up is (for fire services). In this case the water hook-up is on Morrison. I don't know if this was known from the get-go, making you wonder why Freed would name the development 455 Adelaide if the building was going to be registered as 10 Morrison. Maybe 455 Adelaide sounded more marketable in the beginning.

The concrete ceiling debate is... a little pointless. You either like it or you don't. This building is going after a particular style. 10 foot exposed concrete ceilings being one. Obviously people who were shopping for a condo at the time and didn't like the idea of concrete ceilings chose not to buy into this building - and vice versa. Unlike the address, the interior finishes were disclosed in advance. The building also has no ammenities (pool, gym, guest suite, etc.)... again you either prefer that set up or you don't.

You're right, that was the reason for the address change. What is difficult to believe is that the builder did not know about this issue.

Most of the residents in this building are owners, just a few tenants, there were not too many investors on this project. Believe it or not, they love this particular style, exposed concrete ceilings, not too many units in the building, no amenities, huge balconies. The interior finishes are good, actually some of the standard finishes in this building are now upgrades for the upcoming Freed's projects, like the hardwood that was used or the granite countertops.

I think it is a great building, even with Fashionhouse and the office building coming up, the building has an excellent location and the exterior and interior of the buiding is really good. With most of the owners residing in the building, I believe the building has a lot of potential to keep its value.

455 Adelaide / 10 Morrison on the Inside

Here are some pics of the "03" models. They are staged (not lived in), and are approx 1,100 sq.ft., 10" ceilings, 1-bed and den with balconies. Overall very nice job by the Freed guys.

P1060376.JPG

P1060379.JPG

P1060381.JPG

P1060393.JPG

P1060395.JPG

P1060398.JPG

P1060404.JPG

thanks for the photos Yossi ... but those are indeed odd windows as marcus_a_j noted

The intended benefit of those windows is for natural light to enter the room. Not sure why it couldn't be floor to ceiling. Maybe this room is close to the property line (property line windows usually seem to be small).

Last edited:
Nice units. Thanks for posting Yossi. I actually like these better than the interior of the penthouse.

Very clean lines.

As for the bedroom windows. It's a room for sleeping in. And if you've seen the cost of good blinds, sometimes you're thankful for smaller windows in some rooms.

Double window design in 455 Adelaide

My guess an architect's homage to Bauhuas design, as many of Architects and Core designs are. If you're in the unit it's a very nice touch and it's much more complex/labour intensive to install a double window. It also makes the unit unique and interesting. Note that the main living room uses one long upper window in continuation.

Here is a classic Gropius with similar window design:

gropiushouse042.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, the decor isn't particularly fashionable. Looks like it was a quick trip to Urban Barn to give visitors a good idea of what could be accomplished with the space (sense of scale).

Back