Toronto Exhibit Residences | 99.97m | 32s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I wouldn't hold my breath. Grafitti and garbage (especially at the lower level of the empty building) were getting out of control, so I think that's the main reason things were boarded up for now.

Construction set to begin in December

From Bazis blog:

It’s been a long wait but, we are pleased to announce that we have finally received all required approvals from the City to start construction at Exhibit Residences.We are set to begin mobilization of the site in early December 2012. This will include erecting a covered walkway and protection hoarding, and shutting off all utility services. Demolition of the buildings will commence early January 2013 and construction will start immediately after.
Approximately six to twelve months after the start of construction, our Customer Care team will start contacting residents in preparation for their design and colour selection.
We are looking forward to the start of construction at Exhibit and will continue to provide you with construction updates as we make more progress.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 416-967-7778 or info@exhibitresidences.com and follow us on Twitter: @BazisInc

According to their site they've sold out the second and third cube, all but one unit in the first and have lots available in the upper, all of which are north facing safe for the penthouses. Units are pretty pricey so it makes sense that they're ready to build!

So what's up with the delay on this one, something with the city ? ... actually I see they mention that, curious what exactly though.

What is Bazis track record in quality of materials and finishing? The form looks attractive. Were they behind Crystal Blue?

Yes, Bazis was who did Crystal Blu. They have a crappy track record in Toronto as far as the finished product, but really great at making cool looking, pretty renders.

Last edited:
I wouldn't even say that have really a track record. Crystal Blu is the only building they've ever built in this country.

exhibitd5.jpg

Hoarding going up. I have pix but the site is running too slow to post them. Maybe later.

Has McDonald's closed yet, or is it still open? I'll only truly believe construction's imminent once they shut down the glow from those golden arches.

What a waste though... they only just recently invested enough money in that McDonald's to make it a desirable place to eat

Back