Toronto EQ Bank Tower | 105.18m | 23s | First Gulf | Sweeny &Co

I've been on record many times griping about how so many glass buildings in this city drives me nuts, but I actually don't mind this one. I think it's because A) Since it's not so tall, it doesn't add to the sea of glass already crowding our skyline, and B) The glass itself is a little more traditional and subtle as opposed to hard tinted blue's and green like some of the other buildings.

Yesterday, August 9:
IMG_20230809_194942.jpg

IMG_20230809_194854.jpg

I've been on record many times griping about how so many glass buildings in this city drives me nuts, but I actually don't mind this one. I think it's because A) Since it's not so tall, it doesn't add to the sea of glass already crowding our skyline, and B) The glass itself is a little more traditional and subtle as opposed to hard tinted blue's and green like some of the other buildings.
I think the overall quality of the glass is better and it uses curtain wall as opposed to the greenish spandrel-window-wall that overwhelms most condos.

Nice shot! Do the floors have different lighting, different glass or is the colour difference a 'technical thing'?
I think this is one of those things where the lower levels look warmer because we're looking at the floor and the top bluer ones look cooler cause we're looking at those floor's ceilings which have fluorescent lights installed...?
No idea why a few floors are green though.

I think this is one of those things where the lower levels look warmer because we're looking at the floor and the top bluer ones look cooler cause we're looking at those floor's ceilings which have fluorescent lights installed...?
No idea why a few floors are green though.
It's got to be protective film in the case of the blue and green light. There's that whole side of one of the green floors where the colour is normal "white" light again, and I cannot imagine how that could be accomplished, other than just by removing protective film from the windows along that strip but not the others. In the case of the blue, same thing, but it's shipped with a different protective film by that point.

I think the colour gradation in the white light, however, can be explained through whether we're looking at the light bouncing off the floors, or coming to us more directly from the light fixtures themselves.

Back