Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Is the video posted by a real estate agent? They could care less about copyright laws. Good luck getting anything taken off of YouTube. They have 6 billion lawsuits against them which will take 10,000 years to resolve. Anyone working in the creative industries knows that the Internet both promotes their work as well as screws them over.

P.S. My new word is "breaktaking"! I feel like I deserve one now ;)

Feb 28
Good luck on the video as it next to impossible to do without legal action against the poster.

I am dealing with a number of cases where my photos are been used illegal and without permission from me in the first place to the point been claim they shot it. It takes time and money to deal with these issues.

16502608438_808285181e_b.jpg

16688868651_3c189c3d6e_b.jpg

16067878154_b2bcc0d19f_b.jpg

16502620058_63df817804_b.jpg

16689182302_ac85c5e904_b.jpg

16504077239_cc5f25b187_b.jpg

Feb 28
Good luck on the video as it next to impossible to do without legal action against the poster.

I am dealing with a number of cases where my photos are been used illegal and without permission from me in the first place to the point been claim they shot it. It takes time and money to deal with these issues.
These things aren't hard to fight at all from my experience, that is if the proper steps are taken in advance. You should always have something included in your signature to state that the images are copyright protected. This gives you better footing to fight any misuse. Also, the average offender is very receptive to a strongly worded letter with a lawyer's letterhead.

Yes, and watermarks are helpful!
With today software, Watermarks and embedded items can be removed easy. Signature are ignore as most are students who only have account for a short time who download the photos they want on line. Anyone can download from free WI-FI zones.

Even with Flickr having copyrighted noted on the site, people will use any photo to promote their site, product or what every that they can get their hands on from that site including my photos.

Because sites are off shore, its hard to deal on a legal base as well costly.

I have sent noticed to various places that have used my photos illegally and they have either pay me for the use of the photo or taken them down.

One big problem that is tied to various members of the board is how cheap they sell their photos to developers or others. I am not in the business of selling or asking money for my photos, but when asked, I don't expect to asked high price for it in the first place. Some prices I have been offer are an insult because they know someone here will take it. Many places have free use of my photos who have asked for permission to use it in the first place. This includes architects, developers, cities and the list goes on.

Because of illegal use of my photos, I have cut back on posting on this board as well Flickr of photos I shoot. If I got $.005 for every hit I got on my photos, I would be raking in some big bucks these days to the point wouldn't have to work at all.

Youtube has a policy that can get videos removed very quickly. I have a number of videos block in various country because of the musics that is on my video that I had not control over when recording events live like a parade.

With today software, Watermarks and embedded items can be removed easy. Signature are ignore as most are students who only have account for a short time who download the photos they want on line. Anyone can download from free WI-FI zones.

Even with Flickr having copyrighted noted on the site, people will use any photo to promote their site, product or what every that they can get their hands on from that site including my photos.

Because sites are off shore, its hard to deal on a legal base as well costly.

I have sent noticed to various places that have used my photos illegally and they have either pay me for the use of the photo or taken them down.

One big problem that is tied to various members of the board is how cheap they sell their photos to developers or others. I am not in the business of selling or asking money for my photos, but when asked, I don't expect to asked high price for it in the first place. Some prices I have been offer are an insult because they know someone here will take it. Many places have free use of my photos who have asked for permission to use it in the first place. This includes architects, developers, cities and the list goes on.

Because of illegal use of my photos, I have cut back on posting on this board as well Flickr of photos I shoot. If I got $.005 for every hit I got on my photos, I would be raking in some big bucks these days to the point wouldn't have to work at all.

Youtube has a policy that can get videos removed very quickly. I have a number of videos block in various country because of the musics that is on my video that I had not control over when recording events live like a parade.

You can disable both downloading and embedding on Flickr if you have a pro account. There are workarounds, but it drastically cuts down on the thievery. Most offenders will just move on and steal a similar photo from someone else once they hit any roadblocks, no matter how small.

One of the few spandrel buildings I like. The strong colour does wonders for the area.... especially in winter.

One of the few spandrel buildings I like. The strong colour does wonders for the area.... especially in winter.

You like EmeraldPark in Winter,... OR the Winter in EmeraldPark - notice the snow still inside the 2 storey truss floors and mechanical floor at top level of curve side!

Attachments

• IMG_3934[1].JPG
    IMG_3934[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 848
  • IMG_3836[1].JPG
    IMG_3836[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 840
gotta give this one a thumbs up. they actually executed it very close to what was shown in the renders. and it just shows that a simple architectural idea can do wonders for the end result... for 3/4 of their height these are a simple rectangular floor plate but the upper 1/4 where the tower flares out on one side and resolves into 3 elements is totally unique and head turning! and they werent shy about the use of colour. the bold green really stands out and again sets it apart from 95% of other buildings. great landmarks for the gateway to NYCC and from the 401.

Last edited:
I completely agree! This project's trademark curve, shimmering green glass, and architectural design is like no other condo project in the GTA; truly impressive and unique

gotta give this one a thumbs up. they actually executed it very close to what was shown in the renders. and it just shows that a simple architectural idea can do wonders for the end result... for 3/4 of their height these are a simple rectangular floor plate but the upper 1/4 where the tower flares out on one side and resolves into 3 elements is totally unique and head turning! and they werent shy about the use of colour. the bold green really stands out and again sets it apart from 95% of other buildings. great landmarks for the gateway to NYCC and from the 401.

I agree. Adding that curve at the top makes this project stand out when compared to anything else in the area. I also like the slenderness of the buildings on their north/south facing side, it makes them distinguishable for miles. And they didn't mess around when they were talking about green glass, it was a very deliberate design element that they executed close enough to what was shown. Kudos to the developers for planning a condominium in North York that aspires to be more than just a box and give something back architecturally. This site wasn't located in downtown Toronto, but a lot of effort was made to create something iconic.

Taken today:

16594861089_e73470f411_c.jpg

16779871661_e787f650d1_c.jpg

16573711537_17fba5c369_c.jpg

16158682714_bc59043be3_c.jpg

16593630140_373cc2dc97_c.jpg

Back