Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Some people think grey glass boxes are bad taste. Different strokes for different strokes. At least it's original, which is more than I can say for 90 percent of the buildings we get.

I realize that even the smallest bit of decoration, colour or originality is frowned upon by the creatively impaired but that's their problem. Your opinion is more important than the average guy on the street because?

Last edited:
Some people think grey glass boxes are bad taste. Different strokes for different strokes. At least it's original, which is more than I can say for 90 percent of the buildings we get.

I realize that even the smallest bit of decoration, colour or originality is frowned upon by the creatively impaired but that's their problem. Your opinion is more important than the average guy on the street because?

Because the "average guy on the street" is a smokescreen and a schtick that gets trotted out every time someone tries to pretend that qualitative differences in design and building materials don't matter or don't exist.

Who cares if its ugly! The "average guy on the street" can't tell the difference! That's all that matters!

Or to use your example: "How many people can tell the difference between high quality glass and low quality glass? For the average guy on the street, glass is just glass."

To which i repeat: given that this average guy can't tell the difference, who cares what he thinks?

Also, where did this ridiculous idea come from that buildings need to be "colourful"? Please point me in the direction of all the great buildings that are clad exclusively in a bright monochromatic field of spandrel.

A city isn't an Wal Mart store. Buildings aren't tchotchkes. Have you ever been to Rome, New York, Paris, London? Do you find those cities "lacking in colour"? They are pretty much a sea of grey, off-white and beige.

No he isn't. He's just telling the truth.

It costs the same to design a quality building as a crappy one so why not get it right, right?

EPC is just a big green tent with the flaps blown open--it's visual garbage.

I think it's a fine building, and I look forward to it being completed.

No he isn't. He's just telling the truth.

It costs the same to design a quality building as a crappy one so why not get it right, right?

EPC is just a big green tent with the flaps blown open--it's visual garbage.

What you call garbage for someone else it's just a fine building. What you call the "truth", it's just a mere opinion. Something that people on this board fail to understand.

Btw, regarding EPC, I'm disappointed by the type of sprandel used, too many mullions.

Last edited:
What you call garbage for someone else it's just a fine building. What you call the "truth", it's just a mere opinion. Something that people on this board fail to understand.

Btw, regarding EPC, I'm disappointed by the type of sprandel used, too many mullions.

According to urbandreamer, 99 percent of the buildings in this city are garbage. The 1% are by aA architects therefore it's good, because he says so.

According to urbandreamer, 99 percent of the buildings in this city are garbage. The 1% are by aA architects therefore it's good, because he says so.

It's not just him saying it. Anyone who CARES about design and architecture knows that buildings like this are schlocky sub-standard mediocrities at best, and that Toronto has far too many bottom feeding developers tossing off these mindless window wall monstrosities.

Giving a building a stupid and pretentious name like "Emerald City", festooning it with a sea of Dollarama green spandrel, and tacking on a meaningless droopy curve at the top doesn't make it a better building, it makes it a worse building, because its harder to ignore it--which is what anyone with a trained eye wants to do.

Giving a building a stupid and pretentious name like "Emerald City", festooning it with a sea of Dollarama green spandrel, and tacking on a meaningless droopy curve at the top doesn't make it a better building, it makes it a worse building, because its harder to ignore it--which is what anyone with a trained eye wants to do.

Emerald City is a different development, something a trained eye might have seen

Those aerial photos posted on the last page are amazing! Hullmark and Emerald are game changers for the area. And there's still plenty of room for development on the west blocks immediately south of Sheppard on Yonge past the temporary McDonalds building. Build those up and you'll have an almost uninterrupted street canyon.

Taken today:

14550826067_814030a965_c.jpg

This condo project is looking impressive! It has truly transformed the landscape of North York and will be a defining landmark, gateway, and icon to the NYCC. This project's trademark curve, shimmering green glass, and architectural design is like no other condo project in the GTA; truly impressive and unique. This distinct project boast what few, if not any project in the GTA can hold claim to; Underground access to 2 subway lines, a full size grocery chain (METRO), a mid size food court, an LCBO, a Starbucks, Corporate offices, and retail shopping with over 50 retailers.

I don't believe there is any condo project in the GTA, including downtown Toronto that can hold claim to the full service offering being provided to condo residents at Emerald Park. This developer has really nailed on the head what it is condo residents across the GTA are looking for; location, conveniance, shopping, transit, and entertaiment.

The architectural design of these two towers is just quite simply phenomenal! Nothing like this has ever been seen to grace the skyline of Toronto with such beauty. It has been all about the details; stylish contemporary, elegant, leading-edge, avant garde, and chic. Residents will enjoy a state of the art gym with yoga and pilates, an indoor swimming pool leading on to an outdoor terrace with cabanas, a party room with pool tables and games, a bar lounge with comfortable seating and spectacular views of downtown Toronto. Suites will feature exclusive European cabinetry and for the first time ever in North York a complete Miele appliance package, only reserved for high end luxury condominiums. Miele is internationally known to have a reputation for high quality and innovation.

The developer is known to be a green builder who will bring sustainability and environmental friendly choices to this development. All suites will be highly energy efficient using the most advanced technology for energy savings which is good news for residents who are keen in keeping their hydro bills low.

Residents of Emerald Park will enjoy not only the wonderful features and amenities available to them within their own building, but also the lifestyle that surrounds them on Yonge street with shops, theatres, cultural entertainment and restaurants. Quite simply Fabulous!

The aerial photograph of Emerald Park is Breathtaking! Striking! Nothing short of just Spectacular! The shimmering green glass has added a breath of vibrant color to the monochromatic skyline of North York.

This project has developed into an icon that is creating a buzz of excitement not only on this discussion forum but also in magazines and publications across the city. The award winning design has captured the attention of developers across the city and has become one of the most talked about and highly anticipated developments in Toronto.

It features high quality windows that minimize unwanted solar gain and heat loss, high 9” ceilings, large suites ranging to 1349sq, luxury high end finishes with hardwood flooring and spa like bathrooms, a wide range of amenities, and an award winning design that has truly become a landmark that residents can hold their head up and be proud of.

These ridiculous sounding shills shouldn't be allowed on here.

Last edited:

Back