Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Looking forward to seeing how the stepping out slab edge will look, West tower should start stepping out on the next floor i believe (starting 26 through 32) and the East tower a little after (35th-41st)

we are at the moment of truth now... will they really build them as shown in the render or will this turn out to be another bait and switch that leaves us with two more standard slab towers?

from the 401

bfnqZtd.jpg

Those are nice photos, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're better. I would think that we need to look at these buildings as more than what kind of glass they use.

The Emerald buildings will bring some retail (and a nice Metro) to the area, to where nothing but a parking lot was before. They stand at the entrance way to NYCC, and while may not inspire gasps of amazement, will definitely draw the eye with it's slight curve. Not to mention the combination of green and blue with Hullmark across the road.

Each building needs to fit into it's respective neighborhood. Comparing one development from a suburb in Toronto to the oil-rich capital of an oligarchic former Soviet republic isn't an especially proper comparison either.

Last edited:
You are talking about the area of the building and im talking about the building and the quality.
the emerald in Toronto is using same old cheap looking green glass. If they would hav used the same glass as the one in Kazakhstan I would have appreciated.

You are talking about the area of the building and im talking about the building and the quality.
the emerald in Toronto is using same old cheap looking green glass. If they would hav used the same glass as the one in Kazakhstan I would have appreciated.

The Emerald Towers in Kazakhstan are office buildings. These are condos. Office buildings almost always use higher quality materials than condos, unless they are high-end, luxury condos, and those would probably never sell in North York.

Have you seen the glass in person? I walk by it every day, and it looks fine to me. I think it'll look great once it's all completed. If you're going to compare drab winter day shots to some very professionally done Kazakh summer photos, then you might need a perspective check.

But as to your quality vs area comment, I think you're missing the point. People will enjoy this building not because they're going to be standing outside staring at it; they're going to enjoy it because of the retail, the community, and the vibe it brings with an improving neighborhood.

We can debate looks all you want, but you have to remember that 99.99% of the time people care about the inside of the building vs the outside.

Today from the 401. It's green, but it's a different kind of green.

I'm still digging the extreme width to length ratio of the floor plate. Topped with the curved effect at the top, it'll look like it's tipping over.

12215291644_c9ed2527e9_c.jpg

12215077776_8cf559bc82_b.jpg

12214461365_cfc16e3623_b.jpg

the emerald in Toronto is using same old cheap looking green glass.

People love to throw the word "cheap" around on this site. The glazing here is appropriate to the development. Expensive curtain wall on a residential development puts its cost up considerably, raising the price of the units, and pricing those who would actually live in the building out.

Please can we have a moratorium on "cheap", "cheapening", "not world class" and other reactionary statements. Property development exists within real-world constraints.

EmeraldPark isn't exactly a cheap building to live in. Bazis EmeraldPark and Tridel HullmarkCentre has the highest per square foot prices for condos in North York. More comparable to condo development downtown. Both condo development were billed as luxury condo in North York.

That said, I think the resident who actually brought into Bazis EmeraldPark would expect a high quality everything,... including glass/glazing/curtain wall - whatever you want to call it.

I'm not saying the developer cheaped out on the glass,... but it seems that they did cheap,... err,..."short-change" vs what was in the rendering which depicted multiple shades of green glass.

See post# 1159 (current drawing VS original rendering) - the original rendering of the 3 floor podium had the entire top floor of the podium as an amenity floor for their condo residents. Which is now on the 4th floor while the 3rd floor is now an entire floor for offices. The problem is their fourth floor is like a third of the size of the original 3rd floor where offices are now. Thus, residents have been short changed since they've lost like 2/3 of their amenity space.

But we know this developer, Bazis, would NEVER cheap out,... err, I mean short change anyone and are always true to their rendering,.... (cough)CrystalBlu(cough)

Last edited:
More of the glass for the main floor has gone up now. These are some photos from my walk at lunch today, sorry for the quality as they are from my cellphone.

South_Side.jpg
South_Sideb.jpg
South_Sidec.jpg
West_Side.jpg

Attachments

• South_Side.jpg
    South_Side.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,196
  • South_Sideb.jpg
    South_Sideb.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,197
  • South_Sidec.jpg
    South_Sidec.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,211
  • West_Side.jpg
    West_Side.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,209
Last edited:
But we know this developer, Bazis, would NEVER cheap out,... err, I mean short change anyone and are always true to their rendering,.... (cough)CrystalBlu(cough)

More Plazis bait and switch tricks. They sell the sizzle with glossy renders and appear to be delivering a run of the mill building.

Back