Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Come on now Sunnyray...where do you get all of this info about the shops and T&T.

Just from looking at the website or was there a neighbourhood meeting on it?

Also, re:
HTML:
As for the contant gridlock traffic in this area, which is already amongst the worst in the GTA, which is the worst in North America!,... there are a few ideas floating around,.... but the city and province both really need the political will to improve vehicular traffic in this area.

There is a road plan to adjust the entrances to the 401 to have flyway type entrances from Yonge South to 401 East above the 401 rather than the current left turn south of the 401 overpass of Yonge Street. There is a link to it on the local West Lansing Homeowners Association website.

However, that is probably many years off, while construction of the alternative access would mess things up even more before they were to be built.

Have I ever steered you wrong? ;)

As I recall, T&T expects EmerldPark to be ready by November 2013,.... what happens if it's not? What happens to all the other retail if T&T isn't happy.

Anyways, you can wait another 2 years or so for the T&T grand openning at EmeraldPark,..... if it completes in time,..... or you can just trust me for now.

from a marketing and operations prospective it makes perfect sense for a T&T at this location.

At least its better than another Loblaws. There's already 3 Loblaws in the area. one 1.5 km north at Yonge & Empress, another one 2k south at Yonge south of York Mills/Wilson and the 3rd 2km east at Sheppard & Bayview. It'll certainly be interesting to have ultra snobbery expensive Wholes Food on one side of Yonge Street and ultra convenient and much less expensive Chinese T&T on the other side of Yonge Street competing against each other.

From a marketing & demographic viewpoint a Chinese mall in an area with a large Chinese population should work,... but from a social viewpoint, its kind of like segregation,... a Chinese ethnic mall here, the Korean getting their own indoor mall at Yonge north of ParkHomes,... next thing you know the Iranian-Persians will build their own indoor ethnic mall. Thus from a social cultural viewpoint, its not a melting pot but more a cultural mosaic,..

drilling rig is gone. looks like shoring is finally done.

In fact, when I drove by today, I don't recall seeing the crane either.

Sept 27 2011 Update:

Can't really tell, is the hole any deeper?

DSC_0669.JPG

Looks like they have lowered the west side now where the cranes were parked and shoring delayed. I suspect that in a week or so it will all be at the same elevation and the hole will look huge!

Thx Jivey for the photo always great to see your updates as it's really hard to see progress on the site now even by standing at the gate because the hole is so deep.

From what I saw when I was around the site earlier this week. I'm not sure how much work is being done on the bottom of the hole, but i know for a fact that the Western and Northern sides of the site are being dug down. If you look closely enough you'll see that the northern edge right before the construction office trailer has been dug down alittle.

Last time I was there, I also saw two diggers working on site.

Anyone know how far down the deepest part of the hole is? 3 floors?

Anybody hear news on the the Bratty Family (Remington Group)'s involvement with the site now?

what are they involved with?

I heard rumors a while ago about them being involved in a Yonge/401 project

Here:

ri7r6g.jpg

They can be an equity investor/silent partner or providing a short term mezzanine --

There seems to be construction at some sites today. I can see digging at X2 from my vantage point, so perhaps a few developments are a little behind schedule. Thanks for all the updates jivey!

excavation is supposed to be completed by the end of December and there is still alot of work left to do. Thx for the photo JV80.

Pictures taken Oct 10, facing east.

2011-10-10_18-43-07_924.jpg
2011-10-10_18-43-23_616.jpg

Attachments

• 2011-10-10_18-43-23_616.jpg
    2011-10-10_18-43-23_616.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 339
  • 2011-10-10_18-43-07_924.jpg
    2011-10-10_18-43-07_924.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 350

Back