Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Emerald 14-09-011.jpg

Here is another view of the site from my vantage point.

The excavation is even deeper now, this was from last week.

Attachments

• Emerald 14-09-011.jpg
    Emerald 14-09-011.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 339
that's a great picture NYK. looks like they're three storeys down. With the excavation being so deep, it's getting hard for me to see progress when I drive by. So i really apperciate these pictures.

T & T Supermarket

If T&T is located in the area, where are the rest of the people going to park to shop? Aren't most T&T stores located in areas with lots of parking spaces in open concept shopping areas?

Is a T&T going to be there for sure? I live at Yonge-Finch and I take the 401 on Yonge every morning. Yonge-Sheppard is already a disaster. Adding more off-peak drivers there will make it unbearable, especially with more of my fellow Chinese (women) drivers... "Asian (women) drivers, no survivors".

If T&T is located in the area, where are the rest of the people going to park to shop? Aren't most T&T stores located in areas with lots of parking spaces in open concept shopping areas?

The GTA locations are pretty much in areas with lots of parking. I don't think there is much parking at the Vancouer-Chinatown location, which was really busy when I was last there. That location is also right by a Skytrain station.

Is a T&T going to be there for sure? I live at Yonge-Finch and I take the 401 on Yonge every morning. Yonge-Sheppard is already a disaster. Adding more off-peak drivers there will make it unbearable, especially with more of my fellow Chinese (women) drivers... "Asian (women) drivers, no survivors".

The new T&T going into the South Unionville Square development (under construction) in Markham will have 90% + in underground parking

The new T&T going into the South Unionville Square development (under construction) in Markham will have 90% + in underground parking

traffic is still going to be worse and i'd say underground parking is even more of a nightmare if you ever been to pacific mall on a busy day.

Yonge Street north of 401 is going to be a mess forever going forward. There's no plans for new roads and more buildings and residents are coming. Only thing you can do is stick with the subway, though it is also getting busier.

^that is why i take the 407 on my commute home to avoid the 401 and going north on Yonge.

It would be appreciated if the ones, who state the T&T will be the grocer shop at the second floor, share their evidence with the forum.
From the beginning of construction, Hallmark clearly advertised the occupant retails, but for unknown reasons Emerald Park is so closed to public and hardly we can find information about this project. Except construction site warden and neighbors or passer-by photographs!!!
By the way, after disappearance of my thread from this forum I found “urbantoronto.ca” has a parallel thread related to Emerald Park, which is reflecting the Real Estate issues and my thread moved to it automatically!!
The address for the Real Estate thread is as following:
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...ternational-Plaza-Metropia)-Real-Estate/page6
I recently looked at the market and found some ads on the web for condo sales in EP. One of the ads surprised me and you can comment on it on above link if you wish.
Cheers.

Officially, it's Loblaws,... but unofficially it's their T&T division. Or at least, that's how it was marketed and the retail that's going in on the first floor will mainly be small Pacific Mall type shops,.... well, exception would be the Starbucks and major bank tenents with Yonge frontage. Anyways,... welcome to North York Centre's Chinatown!

Technically, the parking will be underground,.... condo owners will get the lowest level of parking. And the retail parking will be shared with the church as well,.... thus good luck finding a parking spot on Sunday!

As for the contant gridlock traffic in this area, which is already amongst the worst in the GTA, which is the worst in North America!,... there are a few ideas floating around,.... but the city and province both really need the political will to improve vehicular traffic in this area.

underground parking will be a nightmare not only for shoppers, but residences of the condos as well. There will only be one parking entrance/exit shared between the two condo towers, the grocery store, and paid public parking. I can imagine a constant gridlock on the street in front of the building and it'll probably take condo residences a large amount of this to enter and exit their garages as well. The parking seems very badly planned. To make matters worse, the parking exit of emerald park is directly across the street from the parking exit of the Nestle building.

On the plus side, Beecroft is in the process of being extended north all the way to Finch. All we need now is for it to be extended south to Avondale.

You're absolutely right,.... parking will be a pain. Especially for the condo owner that get the parking spots 6 level down. It may very well take them about half an hour to get from their condo unit to their parking spot and out to street level during AM rush-hour. That's not uncommon in some of these local condos.

Beecroft Road will not be extended down to Avondale,... Avondale is the on east side of Yonge Street. Beecroft Road is the west side service road. If you meant Florence Avenue, there's no plan to extend Beecroft beyond it's current southernly connection to Poyntz Ave.

The former City of North York once had vision of extending Beecroft Road down to Franklin Avenue (a stone throw away from the 401),.... but that was taken off the table long ago.

Last edited:
Officially, it's Loblaws,... but unofficially it's their T&T division. Or at least, that's how it was marketed and the retail that's going in on the first floor will mainly be small Pacific Mall type shops,.... well, exception would be the Starbucks and major bank tenents with Yonge frontage. Anyways,... welcome to North York Centre's Chinatown!

Technically, the parking will be underground,.... condo owners will get the lowest level of parking. And the retail parking will be shared with the church as well,.... thus good luck finding a parking spot on Sunday!

As for the contant gridlock traffic in this area, which is already amongst the worst in the GTA, which is the worst in North America!,... there are a few ideas floating around,.... but the city and province both really need the political will to improve vehicular traffic in this area.

I'm hoping against Pacific Mall Type shops.

Well,.... you can hope all you want,.... but the retail already sold out long ago. The retail space went like hotcake once the word was out T&T was to be the lead tenent on the 2nd floor. So get ready for little Asian stores that specialize in HK haircuts, cell phone, bubble tea, eye-glasses, computers ,... oh and of course, bootleg DVDs!

Even the official, EmeraldPark site has illustrations of these little glass stores looking exactly like Pacific Mall.

BTW, I believe the retail and T&T are expecting to move in basically 2 years from now,.... so let's see if its ready by then.

Last edited:

Back