Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I walked by the site yesterday and there is no sales office yet, just a big sign. I had a bit of a chuckle at the sign, actually. It features the rather voluptuous contours of a woman, with a martini glass on her stomach. They're obviously trying to push the "glam" aspect of the building. Why not use the cool shape of the building itself? These two towers are the funkiest-looking developments in North York, and they're not using their looks to sell the building.

I walked by the site yesterday and there is no sales office yet, just a big sign.

The sales office is not located right ON the the site, it is instead in the ground floor of the Nestle office building to the north at 25 Sheppard Avenue West.

The sales office is located right ON the the site, it is instead in the ground floor of the Nestle office building to the north at 25 Sheppard Avenue West.

Sorry, did you mean to say the sales office is not located on the site?

Now why would they hide the sales office in the Nestle building, instead of putting it right on Yonge street, where probably 100,000 people would drive by it every day?

yup... indeed I meant to say "sales office is NOT located on the site" ... me and my typos ... sorry

Now why would they hide the sales office in the Nestle building, instead of putting it right on Yonge street, where probably 100,000 people would drive by it every day?

It's more economical... They'd have to tear it down and relocate there anyway before the construction.... This project has got enough hype that it doesn't need to be flashy.... You should see the ICE presentation centre... Looks like a trailer home.

It's more economical... They'd have to tear it down and relocate there anyway before the construction.... This project has got enough hype that it doesn't need to be flashy.... You should see the ICE presentation centre... Looks like a trailer home.

Is there a scary-looking boy in front playing the banjo?

Why is E.P. now only two towers? I thought the site consists of only the parking lot next to Yonge Street, until I checked Google Earth. If Bazis bought up all the land available, they could easily fit the three towers on the site, and have plenty of room left over.

Possibly density issues with the City? I agree that the site is physically capable of supporting a much higher density than is planned, but you know how the City looks at such things.

It may be a land use question. The 3 towers they originally had on the site plan included an office tower. The City wants office space built. However, Menkes won a decision at the OMB up the road that sets a precedent for residential land use on a commercial site. Bazis probably decided to put up two residential towers instead of two res and one office tower, since res is much more profitable.

Bazis still hasnt built anything yet, and until they do, buyer beware.

Is there a scary-looking boy in front playing the banjo?

No... Just Bubbles, Ricky and Julian... Randy and Mr. Lahey drive by once in a while to check on them.

Why is E.P. now only two towers? I thought the site consists of only the parking lot next to Yonge Street, until I checked Google Earth. If Bazis bought up all the land available, they could easily fit the three towers on the site, and have plenty of room left over.

The market is slowing down and Tridel has its own big project (Hullmark) opening soon across the street... that's probably why... but 3 towers would've looked much better

I do not think that 3 towers are at all possible on that tract of land (not if the people living there want any space or view). These are homes and not offices.

Back